Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Not a whole lot to go off of, but must have been pretty impressive in interviews to unseat Quinn.

I think this FO is ore tight lipped than people appreciate. Just because a hack like Albright was throwing **** at the wall (Quinn and Gannon the final 2!) doesn’t mean that Quinn was the forgone conclusion the entire time like people made it out to be. 

I had Hackett as my initial #1 (look back to the first couple pages on the coach thread from October) then slid to #1b the more I learned about Quinn. I think he’ll be a hell of a coach in this league. I hope it’s in Denver but I fear that this fan base may not give him the opportunity to grow into the position. Especially if we grab Rodgers.

”he sucks as a coach! We had a great team with an all time great QB and we never won a SB!” (Never mind that Rodgers hasn’t won one since his rookie contract due to the reasons I’ve discussed as nauseum)

”ever since Rodgers left we’ve struggled to make the playoffs!” (Never mind we traded away the future/depleted our depth for to acquire/make cap space for a quick temporary fix)

God Speed Nathaniel

8 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think this FO is ore tight lipped than people appreciate. Just because a hack like Albright was throwing **** at the wall (Quinn and Gannon the final 2!) doesn’t mean that Quinn was the forgone conclusion the entire time like people made it out to be. 

I had Hackett as my initial #1 (look back to the first couple pages on the coach thread from October) then slid to #1b the more I learned about Quinn. I think he’ll be a hell of a coach in this league. I hope it’s in Denver but I fear that this fan base may not give him the opportunity to grow into the position. Especially if we grab Rodgers.

”he sucks as a coach! We had a great team with an all time great QB and we never won a SB!” (Never mind that Rodgers hasn’t won one since his rookie contract due to the reasons I’ve discussed as nauseum)

”ever since Rodgers left we’ve struggled to make the playoffs!” (Never mind we traded away the future/depleted our depth for to acquire/make cap space for a quick temporary fix)

God Speed Nathaniel

I will say ... I think this is the type of hire even our annoying *** fanbase can get behind. Offensive mind, young, good pedigree. I haven't watched any interviews yet, but hopefully he is a more engaging guy than our previous 2 coaches. 

I'm excited about the hire! I was cool with all 3 finalists so happy to see they felt confident enough about Hackett being their guy to get it done before his next interview. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Packers oline coach rumored as OC?

Interesting. Stenavich is a fine coach but we have one of the best OL coaches in the league. He’s also their run game coordinator, so is someone he has worked intimately with the past couple of years. I get bringing in someone you can trust. Just hope his ego allows munch and Kupe to do their thing

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I will say ... I think this is the type of hire even our annoying *** fanbase can get behind. Offensive mind, young, good pedigree. I haven't watched any interviews yet, but hopefully he is a more engaging guy than our previous 2 coaches. 

I'm excited about the hire! I was cool with all 3 finalists so happy to see they felt confident enough about Hackett being their guy to get it done before his next interview. 

I feel the same way! He’s also someone that develop a QB if we decide to go that direction

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Interesting. Stenavich is a fine coach but we have one of the best OL coaches in the league. He’s also their run game coordinator, so is someone he has worked intimately with the past couple of years. I get bringing in someone you can trust. Just hope his ego allows munch and Kupe to do their thing

This is assuming Munch stays

Cool, now let's get to work!

Remember everyone - you cannot have a (logically) strong opinion on the hire. We don't know him, we don't know his leadership skills and we don't know how guys respond to him.

Just give him and his staff a fair crack and hopefully we'll get this thing rolling.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Trading what would be a King's ransom for Rodgers would be a misguided move imo. I'd rather see them find a QBOTF and save the resources it would require.

Ah, yes. That really easy thing of finding the QBOTF 😄

I'd be fine with us going after Rodgers. 2 championships in a 10 year span is incredible. But if you do it and don't win a championship, prepare for the backlash.

Personally, I would be happy to give up what it takes to get Rodgers even to just be a title contender, even if it's just for a couple of years. 

• Like 4