2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

I'm genuinely going to laugh a bit when Watson effectively doesn't get moved as quickly as assumed because nobody wants to give up the asking price. 

He narrowed his "approved" courtship down to two teams with a ton of ?'s, few star players, and limited cap room. 

The Texans want a gold mine for a quitter. 

This drama is FANTASTIC. 

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

You gonna really give the keys to this kid with all that weaponry? Okay... I mean, sure. What could possibly go wrong? Ryan won't come with that cap hit. If he did it could be restructured, or his trade value would cost less to SF. Is there another viable veteran out there that's better? Jameis and Baker can't be trusted. Matty Ice is the stop gap they need. Otherwise... go with "Jordan" Lance.

No, there isn't a better option out there. They spend 3 1st round picks+ on Lance, it's now or never. We saw vast improvements in his limited play last year & having an offseason as the bona fide starter will only make him better.

Signing another QB is giving up on Lance.. there is no reason to do that

The Texans are 8-25 in the last 2 years and look like a 4 to 6 win team right now for next year.

Watson saw this coming with the train wreck that is Cal being influenced by Jack Easterby and asked that ownership fix the issue. Ownership specifically picked the character coach over the QB. Its more complicated than that but its a major factor.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/bill-belichick-has-blunt-take-on-texans-vp-jack-easterby-not-a-personnel-person-060925488.html

I will go with BB and Watson on this one.

Edited by SkippyX

Half the AFC:

Mitchell TrubiskyMac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Zach Wilson, Trevor Lawrence, Ryan Tannehill, Davis Mills.

The other half:

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr. 

Kill me now…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Half the AFC:

Mitchell TrubiskyMac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Zach Wilson, Trevor Lawrence, Ryan Tannehill, Davis Mills.

The other half:

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr. 

Kill me now…

And a few of that first group could be a good year away from potentially joining the second group. 

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Half the AFC:

The other half:

Kill me now…

If Carr is in the second group, so is Tannehill.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm genuinely going to laugh a bit when Watson effectively doesn't get moved as quickly as assumed because nobody wants to give up the asking price. 

He narrowed his "approved" courtship down to two teams with a ton of ?'s, few star players, and limited cap room. 

The Texans want a gold mine for a quitter. 

This drama is FANTASTIC. 

Well this aged…(so many words to choose from).

• Like 1