2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Very unlikely.  Fins have the most cap space in the league this offseason and X stayed healthy all year.  He'll get his new deal.

Maybe McDaniel made a deal with Shanny where he would take certain coaches with him in return of him trading X to the Niners?? Maybe? Lol, makes sense though. Howard should be getting a new deal as it will likely be his last big one of his career. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

According to Keefer on the Around the NFL podcast, Wentz is getting the boot again. 

Yeah - quite possibly the worst case scenario for the Colts on this deal. They gave up the FRP because Wentz played the required time for the Colts, but those games played proved that Carson Wentz isn’t a good QB.

I doubt Wentz gets another starting job in the NFL - maybe he keeps a seat warm for a team that wants to sit Pickett/Corral/Willis or perhaps wins a job in a competition against a guy like Danny Jones, Davis Mills or Tua Tagovailoa - but his hopes of getting an undisputed starting job are effectively over.

Eagles fans were right, I guess. (I need to take a shower after saying that…)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Is there a better landing spot for Trubisky than with the Giants? He has a chance to start (if not right away, when DJ inevitably gets hurt or if he doesn't improve) and he's got familiarity with Daboll and the offense.

Better landing spot? No.

I've read the Washington board a bit and some posts seem to suggest that they (the Washington staff) has liked him in the past and I know that the athletic beat writer for Washington "projected" Trubisky as the most likely acquisition for Washington to start. He wouldn't have familiarity with the scheme, but would also possibly have a chance to start in that scenario. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Better landing spot? No.

I've read the Washington board a bit and some posts seem to suggest that they (the Washington staff) has liked him in the past and I know that the athletic beat writer for Washington "projected" Trubisky as the most likely acquisition for Washington to start. He wouldn't have familiarity with the scheme, but would also possibly have a chance to start in that scenario. 

Colin Cowherd made a similar prediction, noting that Trubisky is more highly regarded in the league than by fans. Say what you will about Colin, but he doesn't throw stuff out like that out of thin air (you can tell when its conjecture and when he has sources). So the whispers/smoke is certainly there.

I understand the Colts not wanting Wentz for the long-term, but is he really that bad you have to take a $15m hit in dead cap without any alternative in his place? I'm not so sure. I definitely would still take him over a few QBs in this league. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah - quite possibly the worst case scenario for the Colts on this deal. They gave up the FRP because Wentz played the required time for the Colts, but those games played proved that Carson Wentz isn’t a good QB.

I doubt Wentz gets another starting job in the NFL - maybe he keeps a seat warm for a team that wants to sit Pickett/Corral/Willis or perhaps wins a job in a competition against a guy like Danny Jones, Davis Mills or Tua Tagovailoa - but his hopes of getting an undisputed starting job are effectively over.

He isn't getting banished just for his play though(although he clearly faded down the stretch which also lends itself to my next point). He is just a massive wuss who is a terrible leader and is getting paid a ton. He isn't the kind of guy you want leading your franchise. Realistically, if he had the intangibles and was willing to work on his own game/take criticism from coaches and fans he would absolutely still be wanted in Indy and likely still be the QB in Philly.

Wentz still has the ability to be a really good QB. He just is an absolute baby mentally and it has killed his career. One of those things where you look at it and just think... what a shame.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

We say this and yet, given the underwhelmingness of the 2022 QB prospect crop and barring several major trades that aren't as often-occurring as the media might have people believe, there's a legitimate chance that (brace yourselves) Mitch Trubisky gets another shot as a starting QB this upcoming season or is at least give the opportunity to compete for a starting job.

Edited by Dr LBC

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He isn't getting banished just for his play though(although he clearly faded down the stretch which also lends itself to my next point). He is just a massive wuss who is a terrible leader and is getting paid a ton. He isn't the kind of guy you want leading your franchise. Realistically, if he had the intangibles and was willing to work on his own game/take criticism from coaches and fans he would absolutely still be wanted in Indy and likely still be the QB in Philly.

Wentz still has the ability to be a really good QB. He just is an absolute baby mentally and it has killed his career. One of those things where you look at it and just think... what a shame.

How would you compare his mentality to that of Ben Simmons? 

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean, it was pretty apparent when his WRs started talking ish about him to the media behind his back... multiple years in a row. Dude has a terrible attitude; But he reflects a pristine image to the cameras. 

16 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

How would you compare his mentality to that of Ben Simmons? 

They are super similar. Pretty crazy how similar they are. Amazing talents with fragile egos that struggle to improve because of it. The big difference between the two though is that Simmons will likely still have a very productive career going forward, Wentz I have doubts that will be the case because of what comes with being an NFL QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerbyRam said:

I understand the Colts not wanting Wentz for the long-term, but is he really that bad you have to take a $15m hit in dead cap without any alternative in his place? I'm not so sure. I definitely would still take him over a few QBs in this league. 

A part of me wonders if it's not just the on field play. Wentz's locker room rep isn't exactly the greatest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

We say this and yet, given the underwhelmingness of the 2022 QB prospect crop and barring several major trades that aren't as often-occurring as the media might have people believe, there's a legitimate chance that (brace yourselves) Mitch Trubisky gets another shot as a starting QB this upcoming season or is at least give the opportunity to compete for a starting job.

Yeah, no doubt that Wentz gets another crack somewhere. He may be entering year by year QB journeyman / purgatory stage of his career, but he'll likely be a full time starter again...he just may do it for 4 different teams in 4 years type of thing