2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Yet SF traded multiple first round picks to select Lance. If Lance doesn't win 4-5 super bowls, he'll go down as a bust.

Hold Lance to the same standards everyone held Stafford. It’s no good to just lead the Niners to a Superbowl bc Jimmy G did that. Lance has to win one. 

The pressure is on Lynch/Kyle with Lance in order to justify them trading up to get him bc they had chances to get Brady, Stafford, and even could’ve drafted Watson or Mahomes but pasted on all of them to keep Jimmy G. 

48 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Hold Lance to the same standards everyone held Stafford. It’s no good to just lead the Niners to a Superbowl bc Jimmy G did that. Lance has to win one. 

Based on the investment cost and from that stat provided ( Jimmy G having 2 rings and 2 othe super bowl appearances) the investment in Lance needs to be proportional in terms of super bowl titles/ appearances

Did we just David Carr Jimmy G? He has 2 rings now like Carr is a "Super Bowl Champion"?

Houston's GM Nick Caserio has 6 rings. Maybe he should be their QB because rings when not playing are cool now?

Why stop there? Jimmy G has come back from 10 and 25 points down to win Super Bowls!!! 🤡

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The pressure is on Lynch/Kyle with Lance in order to justify them trading up to get him bc they had chances to get Brady, Stafford, and even could’ve drafted Watson or Mahomes but pasted on all of them to keep Jimmy G. 

Jimmy wasn’t even on the team during that draft, so this doesn’t track. We didn’t pass on Stafford either. Sounded like Shanahan was pissed when he found out about it because they wanted to make the move. Brady is really the only one that applies, and I agree that was a big mistake.

9 hours ago, GW21 said:

Jimmy wasn’t even on the team during that draft, so this doesn’t track. We didn’t pass on Stafford either. Sounded like Shanahan was pissed when he found out about it because they wanted to make the move. Brady is really the only one that applies, and I agree that was a big mistake.

Without hindsight, the Brady move is understandable. In his first full season with the team, Jimmy had just led them to a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl appearance, and was only 28, while Brady would be 43 at the start of the next season and was having a down year(due to a poor supporting cast, but by the numbers worse across the board compared to Jimmy). If you thought ending your season with an overthrow in the Super Bowl was bad, try throwing a pick-six to end your season in a wild card game at home. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Anyone know if this guy is credible?

Yeah, definitely not. I found that out last year when he basically just threw everything at the wall. 

I am not sure I have ever seen him be right.