2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Average NFL QB propped up by a horrendous division, whereas the other plays in a brutal one. They’re the same quarterback.

His stats against those two teams is right in line with his performance against the other teams on the schedule, so... not sure you are making the point you think you are making. 

We've always played down to our divisional opponents.

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It's TMZ... so take it with a grain of salt.   But if they are right here, that's also a pretty strong signal that A-Rod is going to keep playing football while he's at peak levels of play.    Doesn't mean he's staying (or leaving), but the retirement talk seems very much like posturing now.

She reminds me of Melissa from the Hangover. I'll bet the last straw for old A-a-ron was the fact she wanted him to take her last name when they got married

45 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Kirk would fit in well with the culture in Houston. He’s a godly man, and he has a penchant for losing, so he’s really their kinda guy. 

Can’t imagine he fits with their timeline. He’d have Cooks putting up 1500 yards though, make no mistake.

Maybe some permutation of Cousins and pick 12 to Denver, Watson to Minnesota, pick 9 to Houston? Obviously Denver would offer a bit more pick value to supplement whatever was heading to Houston from Minnesota (but not that much more, the #9 for #12 pick swap is late 3rd value on the major charts). 

Possible.  The issue with Kirk is the extension.  He went to the Revis school of negotiating has done very well for himself.  So I doubt he is taking a paycut. That may deter teams who may then prefer Jimmy G because he will probably be cheaper from draft capital and contract.

Be curious how long DEN waits on ARod?  Up until the draft?

52 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

She reminds me of Melissa from the Hangover. I'll bet the last straw for old A-a-ron was the fact she wanted him to take her last name when they got married

At which point, she had every reason in the world to tell him to pound sand - and that has nothing to do with any sort of political correctness whatsoever.  Her last name is her brand that she's built.  There's a longstanding tradition in her industry of maintaining whatever surname you made your brand under (or at absolute most hyphenating).  Nicole Kidman didn't change her name to Nicole Cruise (or Nicole Urban).  Reese Witherspoon married twice and didn't change her name either time, Meryl Streep got married 4 years before she even booked her first film gig and still kept her maiden name as her stage name.  If Aaron's ego could handle his fiancee not wanting to take his last name, that's his problem and no one else's.  I'd have given favorable odds to anyone who wanted to bet that Olivia Munn would have taken Aaron's name had their previous engagement progressed to marriage - that's how confident I am that she wouldn't have and the bet would have paid me off.  And Olivia's brand is, regardless of what you think of them, worth less than Woodley's is.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

At which point, she had every reason in the world to tell him to pound sand - and that has nothing to do with any sort of political correctness whatsoever.  Her last name is her brand that she's built.  There's a longstanding tradition in her industry of maintaining whatever surname you made your brand under (or at absolute most hyphenating).  Nicole Kidman didn't change her name to Nicole Cruise (or Nicole Urban).  Reese Witherspoon married twice and didn't change her name either time, Meryl Streep got married 4 years before she even booked her first film gig and still kept her maiden name as her stage name.  If Aaron's ego could handle his fiancee not wanting to take his last name, that's his problem and no one else's.  I'd have given favorable odds to anyone who wanted to bet that Olivia Munn would have taken Aaron's name had their previous engagement progressed to marriage - that's how confident I am that she wouldn't have and the bet would have paid me off.  And Olivia's brand is, regardless of what you think of them, worth less than Woodley's is.

😳

Just trying to make a funny, wasn't expecting anyone to feel any type of way about it lol 

On 2/15/2022 at 10:19 AM, MWil23 said:

*Jimmy G, Baker Mayfield, and Ryan Tannehill have entered the chatroom

Sure.  

Baker was drafted

Tannehill signed as a FA

Jimmy was traded for and made a Super Bowl.  He was more of an unknown on his ceiling when SF traded for him.

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It's TMZ... so take it with a grain of salt.   But if they are right here, that's also a pretty strong signal that A-Rod is going to keep playing football while he's at peak levels of play.    Doesn't mean he's staying (or leaving), but the retirement talk seems very much like posturing now.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what makes this more likely that Rodgers continues to play.  If anything, I think it puts a bit of a damper on him going to Denver.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Why would you trade assets in draft picks to get to QB purgatory?

I'm not saying you should.  I think there's only potentially 3 needle movers this offseason: Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, and Russell Wilson.  And the only one that I know will be available this offseason is Watson.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I dunno man...at this juncture I feel like TMZ is better than most now 

TMZ has always been pretty good when they report actual news. They are super click-batey but they usually get their facts right more or less

• Like 1

Tannehill is more like Alex Smith

He accomplished more statistically on a bad  Miami team than lots of QB prospects ever do. Then he lead the league in passer rating in 2019.

Baker is more like Flo or the Gecko

Edited by SkippyX

12 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

https://overthecap.com/restructure/

Didn't do the research to see how accurate that is, but assuming it's legit...

So much for the Rams (and several other teams) habing cap issues

People are gonna be really upset when they realize that after the money coming off the books and restructures, the Rams are going to be in great shape.

I understand you can't just keep restructuring and kicking the money down the road forever but we still had Goff and Gurley's contracts this season. Losing those and probably Whitworth's salary will already be a nice chunk of change. Not to mention Kroenke is ready to open his wallet to bring guys like OBJ and Von back.

11 minutes ago, JonStark said:

People are gonna be really upset when they realize that after the money coming off the books and restructures, the Rams are going to be in great shape.

I understand you can't just keep restructuring and kicking the money down the road forever but we still had Goff and Gurley's contracts this season. Losing those and probably Whitworth's salary will already be a nice chunk of change. Not to mention Kroenke is ready to open his wallet to bring guys like OBJ and Von back.

The cool thing is that the cap will be going up - so kicking the money down the road for the next two years is an absolute genius strategy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

The cool thing is that the cap will be going up - so kicking the money down the road for the next two years is an absolute genius strategy

Cap hell is a more appropriate construct than ppl realize (if you believe in the notion to begin with).  

Because it’s there but you only worry about it after your present core construction has died.  It’s not an immediate problem but a future one.   Restructures used to be the only way and it pushed the problem to 2+ years down the line.   The addition of extensions with voidable years just pushed it back even further to 4+ years now.    In football construction terms that’s a lifetime away.   In 4+ years time the core won’t either be playing at peak form and/or won’t be playing.  Once Stafford goes along with Donald / Kupp costing market $$, then it’s time to eat the cap hit.  

The other part about cap hell that fits - if teams do something amazing before it hits, it may redeem them from going there.   NO draft class 2017 gained back so much roster value it delayed the bill coming due by another 3+ years again.  Easier to do if you have your Day 1-2 picks (as that’s the majority of their massive value hits) but you to have that narrow window open to get out of jail before the bill comes due.     

Edited by Broncofan