2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

You think they'll make a run at Rodgers? 

I think there will be some discussions, but I think they're behind Denver for sure.  They're one of the darkhorses for me.  I don't think they'll be willing to give up Simmons, which probably is a dealbreaker for Green Bay since Tennessee doesn't have the picks to dangle.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, BStanRamFan said:

And cap space has never been a hurdle for Snead & Co. I think Gurley's dead money finally comes off the books, but we still have Goff's (could be wrong).

I think Robert Woods could get moved, but his injury would really hurt this value. I think Tyler Higbee is another trade candidate if they believe in Jacob Harris, Blanton , and Hopkins to make a leap. Whitworth will likely retire. I'd do everything possible to keep Von and OBJ 

All the dead money comes off the books. But 6 or 7 guys take huge cap hit increases in 2022 so that money is already spoken for. Rams as usual will have work to do on the cap but they always get it done.

• Like 1

Not really movement based, but I found it interesting. 

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec believes it "no longer feels like a given" the Ravens extend Lamar Jackson before training camp.

"There’s obviously a gap that exists," Zrebiec wrote on the state of contract talks. Jackson has reportedly spoken with the team "five or six times" about a new deal. Ravens GM Eric DeCosta said negotiations have been going at "Lamar's pace" and that Jackson is “comfortable” with where the sides are at, suggesting it's possible Jackson plays this season under his fifth-year option ($23M) if the Ravens are unwilling to meet his $40 million per year asking price. Signing an extension before the start of free agency would free cap space for Baltimore, but with the franchise tag to fall back on, the Ravens have the option of going year-to-year with Jackson.

59 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Jimmy Garoppolo ready to help San Francisco 49ers rookie QB Trey Lance

They inquired about him a couple years back before signing Rivers, but damn... The idea of moving a first + for Wentz only to move off him a year later and replace him with Jimmy (via trade which will cost more assets) is tragic for colts fans lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

They inquired about him a couple years back before signing Rivers, but damn... The idea of moving a first + for Wentz only to move off him a year later and replace him with Jimmy (via trade which will cost more assets) is tragic for colts fans lol

Oh, it is. This will be our 5th starting QB in as many years.