2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

10 hours ago, 43M said:

Id classify Wentz as maybe a fringe starter...someone who starts if you have no better alternatives.....but certainly not someone Id trade for and pay $18m

Fringe starters don't get NFL MVP votes (2017), or is an All Pro, it might come out that he is a flat out jerk, but he is way better than a fringe starter. Come on

16 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Fringe starters don't get NFL MVP votes (2017), or is an All Pro, it might come out that he is a flat out jerk, but he is way better than a fringe starter. Come on

Wentz is also a looooooong way from that version.    First the injuries, then the loss in confidence, and the complete lack in progress in avoiding bone-headed decisions at least 3-4x a game.   Dead serious when I say Wentz makes 3-4 TO worthy decisions a game.  Even Jameis Winston thinks that's far too many.

There's no doubt he's got great arm talent, even now.  But there are so many problem he's still got now, too.   Ironically, Reich had most of the mechanical issues straightened out - but he never did fix Wentz's mental game, he just limited it for 13 games.   He couldn't limit it vs. LV & JAX, though (much like how Wentz mistakes cost them in the TEN game, too).    It's really hard to see Wentz changing from being that guy anytime soon if Reich couldn't.

Edited by Broncofan

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Wentz is also a looooooong way from that version.    First the injuries, then the loss in confidence, and the complete lack in progress in avoiding bone-headed decisions at least 3-4x a game.   Dead serious when I say Wentz makes 3-4 TO worthy decisions a game.  Even Jameis Winston thinks that's far too many.

There's no doubt he's got great arm talent, even now.  But there are so many problem he's still got now, too.   Ironically, Reich had most of the mechanical issues straightened out - but he never did fix Wentz's mental game, he just limited it for 13 games.   He couldn't limit it vs. LV & JAX, though (much like how Wentz mistakes cost them in the TEN game, too).    It's really hard to see Wentz changing from being that guy anytime soon if Reich couldn't.

But that's kinda my point, on the surface, he has all of the physical traits intact to be a playoff caliber QB but its something mentally that is holding him back

I guarantee there will be a team that believes they can fix him

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I have watched a ton of Wentz as an Eagles fan. He is absolutely a fringe starter now.

Its not his stats which from 2017-now which are 94-96% of Dak Prescott. Its about wins.

We can debate if wins is a QB stat as fans. All owners, GMs, and head coaches consider QB wins the most important stat with nothing a close 2nd. A QB who gets his butt kicked in a playoff game against the worst team in the NFL is a fringe starter.

There are 6 types of starting QBs. (oversimplification of course)

• The guys who have the complete faith of the FO as established stars
  • The guys who are young blue chips who have flashed or are improving
  • The new guy that you hope can be the guy (the draft mostly where the 45th best player goes #14 because QB)
  • The guy who is about to get paid and the team has no idea if they should pay him (Baker and Jackson are extremes here)
  • The new situation will fix him guy (Tannehill, Stafford , Wentz 2021, 
  • The we absolutely can't find anything better guy

Wentz is category 6 now. He was category 5 last year but his 2021 failure put him into category 6.

He has gone from 3 to 2 to 1 to 5 to 6 in 6 years.

The NFL is mostly a league of the top 3 types with an insane amount of effort into the speculation and franchise gambling around category 3.

Wentz might be the 15th to 19th best starting QB but nobody aims to have the 15th to 19th best QB.

When you add in the draft picks and young guys that 15th in theory becomes 28th in practice.

HoF Kurt Warner was not given a chance in NY because of Eli and had to fight with Leinart to get the Arizona job in year 4.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

A QB who gets his butt kicked in a playoff game against the worst team in the NFL is a fringe starter.

The guy played a total of 9 snaps in the game before getting injured, and this is your argument?

As I said before, he is a starting caliber QB who needs a brain transplant 

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The guy played a total of 9 snaps in the game before getting injured, and this is your argument?

He was on the field for every offensive snap. Who cares if he had a boo boo?

This is the NFL. Play well or get the hell off the field.

I'm not going to quote his playoff stats because he actually got concussed after 3 plays (totally different)

Edit: Oh, I just realized that the I was referring to the Jacksonville - Indy game as a playoff game for the Colts and you totally missed that. The Colts were eliminated by the Jags. Wentz was the main reason. He gets a 0 on that test and his GPA tanked.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Which kinda validates the opposite perspective, given there's 0 likelihood Wentz is going to be a recipient.

I mean, forget about the medical tech not being there.  The dude didn't even get vaxxed.   They won't even offer one to him.

Edited by Broncofan

FWIW, I do think some team will take a chance on Wentz (but I doubt they will pay much in draft capital)...but I still found this hilarious (the Browns are going to win a playoff game soon, though - the rest is pretty much gold).   Gas station sushi....lulz.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Note on the Rams free agents and Rams under contract. When teams in the Super Bowl the entire roster wants to get paid. The 'lets do it one more time' mentality like Tampa this year is extremely rare. Some of the post Super Bowl contracts have been terrible (looking at you, Nigel Bradham and Joe Flacco)

• McVay and Donald may have zero interest in retiring and lots of interest in a huge raise.
  • Von Miller may love the Rams but he is about to get his last big contract.
  • Cooper Kupp would be justified in wanting a raise or an extension. (no word on him expressing this)

The optimistic outlook on the Rams cap is that they are only about 14 million over right now.

The pessimistic view is that 26 teams have better cap flexibility.

sZfSdi5.png

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:54 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

Oh, it is. This will be our 5th starting QB in as many years. 

Yes, I think we’re all just dripping with pity and sympathy for the poor Colts and their long-suffering, tragic history at the QB position…

• Like 1