2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

15 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Possible.  The issue with Kirk is the extension.  He went to the Revis school of negotiating has done very well for himself.  So I doubt he is taking a paycut. That may deter teams who may then prefer Jimmy G because he will probably be cheaper from draft capital and contract.

Be curious how long DEN waits on ARod?  Up until the draft?

ARod has already said he’s deciding on staying / asking for a trade (and what team(s)) before the franchise tag deadline (which opens up next week and closes March 6, about 2 weeks before FA and the league new year starts).    Expect ARod to be decided well b4 FA opens. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what makes this more likely that Rodgers continues to play.  If anything, I think it puts a bit of a damper on him going to Denver.

If he’s got no home life to go to when he walks away, it makes it far more likely he keeps playing.   He cited life away from football and starting family / etc. when the retirement angle came up last year.  If his play declines obv I don’t think he’d stay.   But if he’s still at peak form, well you get the idea.   

Agree Denver loses some appeal since Woodley’s family lives in Colorado.   But ultimately if he wants to stay or go (and where he’d go if he leaves) - it’s where he thinks he can still succeed.   That’s still the likely overriding decider.   

Edited by Broncofan

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If he’s got no home life to go to when he walks away, it makes it far more likely he keeps playing.   He cited life away from football and starting family / etc. when the retirement angle came up last year.  If his play declines obv I don’t think he’d stay.   But if he’s still at peak form, well you get the idea.   

Agree Denver loses some appeal since Woodley’s family lives in Colorado.   But ultimately if he wants to stay or go (and where he’d go if he leaves) - it’s where he thinks he can still succeed.   That’s still the likely overriding decider.   

If history has shown us anything it's that the only thing that will stop him from having a new Hollywood/Supermodel girlfriend by the time training camp starts will be if he's on "athlete" in his dating rotation (like he was with Danica) and ends up dating one of the members of the US Women's soccer or hockey teams.

Besides... he'll always have someplace to stay; he won't be homeless.  He'll always have McAfee's couch to crash on, not like AJ Hawk is using it.

Edited by Dr LBC

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Just saying

lol I totally forgot about his SB win against the 2014 Seahawks  as a ROOKIE and his once in lifetime comeback against Matt Ryan's 2016 Falcons. Was so happy see him lose to Philly after that monster performance he had and his choke job against Mahomes was thing of beauty. It's crazy the 49ers are letting him go 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chargers said:

lol I totally forgot about his SB win against the 2014 Seahawks  as a ROOKIE and his once in lifetime comeback against Matt Ryan's 2016 Falcons. Was so happy see him lose to Philly after that monster performance he had and his choke job against Mahomes was thing of beauty. It's crazy the 49ers are letting him go 

Yet SF traded multiple first round picks to select Lance. If Lance doesn't win 4-5 super bowls, he'll go down as a bust.