2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Pretty clear the 49ers don’t want to risk any injury that might lead to JimmyG 2022 salary being guaranteed.   They’ll release if they need to but looking for that late trade - but can only happen once he passes a physical (ETA now mid August apparently).  

I should also remind NFLGen this is what @Forge and a few other hardcore FF 49er fans have been saying all along - the injury was the only reason why JimmyG was still a 49er (remember the season ending presser where he basically said goodbye).   

More importantly this is the third time PFT & Florio have been dead wrong on the SF QB situation since they kept banging the Mac Jones 1.3 stories they stood by.   Hopefullly ppl will realize they aren’t reliable when it comes to SF decision-making with this regime.  At all. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Their offensive line shoulda been SBMVP against the Vikings. Destroyed the purple people eaters  

Those Raiders ran into Green Bay, Miami, and Pittsburgh dynasties but they were pretty incredible themselves.

From 1967-1977 (11 years) they were  119-28 with 11 playoff wins and 9 AFCCG appearances

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Pretty clear the 49ers don’t want to risk any injury that might lead to JimmyG 2022 salary being guaranteed.   They’ll release if they need to but looking for that late trade - but can only happen once he passes a physical (ETA now mid August apparently).  

I should also remind NFLGen this is what @Forge and a few other hardcore FF 49er fans have been saying all along - the injury was the only reason why JimmyG was still a 49er (remember the season ending presser where he basically said goodbye).   

More importantly this is the third time PFT & Florio have been dead wrong on the SF QB situation since they kept banging the Mac Jones 1.3 stories they stood by.   Hopefullly ppl will realize they aren’t reliable when it comes to SF decision-making with this regime.  At all. 

Florio is rarely reliable unless it’s a legal breakdown. Otherwise, he knows less than the average poster on this board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Who’s trading for Jimmy G.? 

Giants are strangely favored in Vegas last time I checked. Makes sense…. would you want to start a year with Daniel Jones?

Seattle makes the most sense, but will the 49ers actually do a inner-division trade? 

Cleveland could make the trade also if Deshaun gets the boot for the entire 2022 season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Giants are strangely favored in Vegas last time I checked. Makes sense…. would you want to start a year with Daniel Jones?

Seattle makes the most sense, but will the 49ers actually do a inner-division trade? 

Cleveland could make the trade also if Deshaun gets the boot for the entire 2022 season. 

All good options. Makes sense one of those ends up being the likely option.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All good options. Makes sense one of those ends up being the likely option.

They could also be trying to hold out for an injury to trade him. Pull the old Sam Bradford.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

They could also be trying to hold out for an injury to trade him. Pull the old Sam Bradford.

For sure they’re hoping it comes up.  But not having him practice also means they will cut him if no one bites.   0 guaranteed $ makes it easy to go either way.  Gotta think someone will give up a day 3 pick the question is whether or not the 49ers can create a bidding war.   With the 3 teams mentioned seems doubtful but if a really needy team enters the fray never know.  

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

If they do not get a suitor soon, this is what they will try but I think the most likely scenario at this point is just out right releasing him. The 25M in cap space is worth more than a late round pick. No way a team trades for him and agrees to play his entire salary in 2022 and unless it is a good pick, it makes more sense just releasing him. 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Who’s trading for Jimmy G.? 

Nobody. I would assume that he gets cut when all is said and done. They don't have to do anything until cut down day, but I'm not sure they want to hold him hostage until the end, so maybe there is an agreed upon date where if the 49ers don't find a taker, they will cut him. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:30 PM, D82 said:

When did PFF become the end-all authority on player rankings?

PFF routinely gets raked over the coals by former OL because PFF has no idea who is supposed to be blocking who on any given play, let alone what the original play call was, what the QB checked into at the line, etc.

I remain convinced Evan Mathis's agent paid them to rate him highly for years to get a bigger payday for his guy.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Nobody. I would assume that he gets cut when all is said and done. They don't have to do anything until cut down day, but I'm not sure they want to hold him hostage until the end, so maybe there is an agreed upon date where if the 49ers don't find a taker, they will cut him. 

As it should be. Jimmy frankly deserves better then to be jobless going into the 2022 season because the 49ers held out till the 53 man cut day "hoping" for a injury trade. 

I'm just curious WTF they are still asking for realistically in return? Like Baker, take a box of Juicy Fruits, maybe 2 Bon Bons and move on.

You don't need the 24/7 distraction at TC and non stop questioning "about Jimmy" effecting Lance and or that locker room if things for whatever the reasons aren't roses in the pre season. 

23 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm just curious WTF they are still asking for realistically in return? Like Baker, take a box of Juicy Fruits, maybe 2 Bon Bons and move on.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not really a compensation issue and more of a "we don't want Seattle to have him" issue

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not really a compensation issue and more of a "we don't want Seattle to have him" issue

Absolutely agree but even more encentive to trade him for peanuts to control that narrative.  

Problem is, the market has dried up with potential suitors "not" named the Seahawks so cutting him that late gives Seattle a late start to the season after he undoubtedly signs with them out of spite.