2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

On 8/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Roquan:

200.gif

I already don't like the direction this regime is headed based on their actions in the offseason and we're only 5 months in so my expectations are already low.  But I am willing to give them a chance to rectify it since it is only year 1.

However, if Poles don't extend Roquan than my low expectations will turn from disappointment to so mad that I can only laugh at this point.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, MikeT14 said:

What the hell escalated so quickly here?

He wasn't that good to begin with.  Bears' fans weren't pleased when I called him a RT-only type of OT prospect.  Thought the value was good when they took him, but he wasn't a prospect with a super high ceiling.  And then the back injury put a huge dent into his rookie season.

Its tough to take over a team as dysfunctional as the Bears and to also not have a 1st round pick. I don't think they are under too much pressure in year 1. If Fields flops it won't be on them.

They also have 57 million in dead cap this year. 5 million of that is Dalton 🤡

20 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its tough to take over a team as dysfunctional as the Bears and to also not have a 1st round pick. I don't think they are under too much pressure in year 1. If Fields flops it won't be on them.

They also have 57 million in dead cap this year. 5 million of that is Dalton 🤡

The problem I had is that they literally did nothing to help out Justin Fields.  They had their choice of their second tier WRs sans Christian Watson, and they walked away with a really good slot corner and an okay safety.  Their answer for the WR position was to take a 25 year old WR who caught 120 balls over 60 career games.  That's mediocre production.  Quite frankly, that's UDFA production.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The problem I had is that they literally did nothing to help out Justin Fields.  They had their choice of their second tier WRs sans Christian Watson, and they walked away with a really good slot corner and an okay safety.  Their answer for the WR position was to take a 25 year old WR who caught 120 balls over 60 career games.  That's mediocre production.  Quite frankly, that's UDFA production.

They definitely should have done more to help Fields. In regards to Jones, the using the 60 games is out of context because he was just a returner in many of them early in his career. Production isn’t great regardless but you’re painting a worse picture without context. 

21 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I already don't like the direction this regime is headed based on their actions in the offseason and we're only 5 months in so my expectations are already low.  But I am willing to give them a chance to rectify it since it is only year 1.

However, if Poles don't extend Roquan than my low expectations will turn from disappointment to so mad that I can only laugh at this point.

Yeah the fact there is literally no WR2 on the roster with a QB that needs development is mind boggling. 

23 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

They definitely should have done more to help Fields. In regards to Jones, the using the 60 games is out of context because he was just a returner in many of them early in his career. Production isn’t great regardless but you’re painting a worse picture without context. 

It’s only year 1 of the new regime….it’s pretty clear the old regime was incompetent.  Matt Nagy & Ryan Pace belong nowhere near a NFL office.   

I'm a little surprised that they are going to hold him until final cut down. I get that it's the actual deadline, but I thought that they would give him a little bit of time before that to set things up, tbh. I assumed it was likely to happen after the second preseason game. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm a little surprised that they are going to hold him until final cut down. I get that it's the actual deadline, but I thought that they would give him a little bit of time before that to set things up, tbh. I assumed it was likely to happen after the second preseason game. 

I don’t really see any reason in cutting him loose before then, especially with an obvious need at QB in Seattle. According to Lynch, Garoppolo also hasn’t requested to be released to this point either. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I don’t really see any reason in cutting him loose before then, especially with an obvious need at QB in Seattle. According to Lynch, Garoppolo also hasn’t requested to be released to this point either. 

It would just be about doing him a solid. It's not required, but typically this regime has tended to be player friendly. 

I'm honestly more shocked that Jimmy hasn't made a fuss 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

They're hoping a starter or two get injured, Watson is given more games and entices the Browns to bite etc. There's no benefit to the 49ers to cut him now.

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don’t really see any reason in cutting him loose before then, especially with an obvious need at QB in Seattle.

This is important.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

They're hoping a starter or two get injured, Watson is given more games and entices the Browns to bite etc. There's no benefit to the 49ers to cut him now.

I wouldn't expect it now, but after the second preseason game likely takes injury off the table (I don't imagine many starting QBs playing the final preseason game). 

I'm not sure when the appeal decision on Watson is expected, and then there is the potential for him to sue. I'm not sure Cleveland is a real option at much as I like to joke on it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't expect it now, but after the second preseason game likely takes injury off the table (I don't imagine many starting QBs playing the final preseason game). 

I'm not sure when the appeal decision on Watson is expected, and then there is the potential for him to sue. I'm not sure Cleveland is a real option at much as I like to joke on it

I mean, Teddy Bridgewater and Watson have both shown that you don’t need a game to blow out your knee.

I think most would rather not see a guy suffer a serious injury, but we might as well make the best of it if it does happen.