2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:
41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They'll sign Mike Williams. Watch.

He isn’t leaving LAC.

I think he will - LAC has a reputation of not paying multiple guys at a single position, and Keenan Allen already has that 2nd contract. Williams also has his injury history to account for - he’s been healthy RECENTLY, but he’s always got some nagging injury to account for. If they could find someone who can take on Keenan Allen, then yeah - maybe then they’d use the savings to re-sign Big Mike and draft Allen’s replacement.

The Spanos family will rather try to recoup losses with a comp pick and a 2nd round WR than issue a 2nd contract to a guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he will - LAC has a reputation of not paying multiple guys at a single position, and Keenan Allen already has that 2nd contract. Williams also has his injury history to account for - he’s been healthy RECENTLY, but he’s always got some nagging injury to account for. If they could find someone who can take on Keenan Allen, then yeah - maybe then they’d use the savings to re-sign Big Mike and draft Allen’s replacement.

The Spanos family will rather try to recoup losses with a comp pick and a 2nd round WR than issue a 2nd contract to a guy.

Just basing it off all the insiders from the Chargers. Have followed that as well as Godwin/TB guys fairly closely, both seem likely to stay based on reports.

Hope they’re wrong though. Im desperate.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Just basing it off all the insiders from the Chargers. Have followed that as well as Godwin/TB guys fairly closely, both seem likely to stay based on reports.

Hope they’re wrong though. Im desperate.

A slightly used Keenan Allen could probably be had.

In the interest of self preservation, may I suggest running it back with Laquan Treadwell, that dude who working at a car wash earlier in the year and DJ Chark?

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

A slightly used Keenan Allen could probably be had.

In the interest of self preservation, may I suggest running it back with Laquan Treadwell, that dude who working at a car wash earlier in the year and DJ Chark?

I want to laugh but also cry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Think the Giants killed that talk early (could be smoke screen). 

Carolina and Pittsburgh seem like the two next best options - Carolina is home to Watson and has a large Clemson base who still think Watson walks on water. Get Watson out of the AFC and get that top 10 pick this draft and the Texans could add a key component to their rebuild. Carolina has a defense and a few piece’s on offense, and the NFC would immediately become Watson’s playground - picks after this draft would be pretty low.

Pittsburgh… well, they have a need at QB and they have “experience” with similar allegations at the QB position . From the Texans perspective, Pittsburgh would be bad; There’s the AFC component, but moreso about pick quality. Watson, Najee Harris, Dionte Johnson, Chase Claypool, Pat Friermuth and a defense with TJ Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick would be an immediate SB contender. Any picks from Pittsburgh would always be in the late 20s/30s.

Las Vegas is an interesting case - I could see Watson waiving a NTC to get there (lotta “legal activities” he’d no doubt being excited about) and it seems as if LV would be a spot that would work for the Texans, because LV would still need some work to be competitive. Picks could be in the teens, potentially.

Should be interesting.

personally rooting for Carolina. Watson and CMC would be dynamic as hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Carolina, Giants, Steelers, and Raiders. 

Giants killed that weeks ago.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/26/new-york-giants-john-mara-we-will-not-trade-for-deshaun-watson/

“We’re not trading for Deshaun Watson,” Mara said in response to an inquiry regarding the beleaguered Houston Texans’ quarterback.

“There are so many reasons why. Cap wise, we couldn’t afford him. But more importantly, with the allegations that are out there, that’s just not the right fit for us.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So - the Dolphins were the preferred choice for Deshaun Watson, and the one team he’d waive his No Trade Clause for. Philadelphia was a team with significant assets on hand and allegedly in a holding pattern with QB Jalen Hurts.

As of the last 24 hours, both Philadelphia and have confirmed commitment to both Hurts and QB Tua Tagovailoa.

What’s the next step for the Texans and the embattled Watson? Would he waive his NTC for a team like Minnesota or Denver? Texans GM Nick Caserio has went on record to advise there are multiple teams showing interest, some of which are only concerned with the criminal charges stemming from the 20+ allegations of sexual misconduct.

Who do you think these teams are? 

Was Miami the waive the no trade clause because Miami or because Brian Flores? Tomlin + Flores + Retired Ben would potentially put PIT on the map this year right? What if Minkah hates Flores still and is part of the compensation in the exchange? Maybe Claypool too and then PIT could gamble on WR2 being a FA Will Fuller on a cheap prove it deal?

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Carolina, Giants, Steelers, and Raiders. 

You can call it coachspeak from McDaniels, but he keeps committing to Derek Carr.  It's not gonna be the Raiders IMO.  I think you hit the nail on head with first 3 listed.  Probably need to include Washington and Denver, I'd probably put Washington as the favorites right now.

• Like 1

I fully expect James Bradberry to get moved for a 3rd, plus maybe another late round pick. I also am leaning heavily towards the Raiders being the team they trade with. Bradberry has got familiarity and big time success in Graham's scheme, Graham loves him, and the Raiders need a CB. That's a trade I could see work out for both teams.

Im starting to wonder if there is any market for Watson at all... and if there is, how many teams will be bidding against eachother? 

If its only 1 team, the Texans might be lucky to get much of anything in return. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He isn’t leaving LAC.

Yup. They’re probably going to franchise tag him. And I’d rather they sign him to a long term extension of the price is right or let him walk than use the FT.