2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

But hey. 

Jets fans (while Zach Wilson is under a Rookie contract) continue to tell me how Superstar Impactful Star Players aren't allowed in New York and that our GM Joe Douglas is only allowed to settle for mediocrity bargain shopping horse crap deals. 

Despite the fact we're fully loaded and ranked top 5 (4th) in Available Salary Cap Space $48,536,765. 

Chargers get Khalil Mack (while Justin Herbert is under his Rookie Contract) and we'll get "O.J. Howard". 

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

I love how he quotes players names that he's speaking condescendingly towards. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Great deal for Houston.

That seems pretty significant - I'm a big fan of pretty much every player on the hypothetical offer, and the picks seem very favorable to the Texans.

Three FRPs, a 3rd, Jaycee Horn and Derrick Brown would be a phenomenal return for Watson. Lovie would have two key guys for his defense, the Texans would have two picks to add guys such as Kayvon Thibodeaux and Sauce Gardner, and the defense would have its four cogs to carry it going forward. The future picks could either be used to build around QB Davis Mills (if he continues to progress) or to get into position to draft a guy like CJ Stroud (assuming he’s QB1 next draft).

This would be the move that more or less defines Nick Caserio‘a tenure.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That seems pretty significant - I'm a big fan of pretty much every player on the hypothetical offer, and the picks seem very favorable to the Texans.

Three FRPs, a 3rd, Jaycee Horn and Derrick Brown would be a phenomenal return for Watson. Lovie would have two key guys for his defense, the Texans would have two picks to add guys such as Kayvon Thibodeaux and Sauce Gardner, and the defense would have its four cogs to carry it going forward. The future picks could either be used to build around QB Davis Mills (if he continues to progress) or to get into position to draft a guy like CJ Stroud (assuming he’s QB1 next draft).

I’d love to see the Texans on the right side of a trade for once. I might start watching them again if they get that much young talent.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Davis Mills.

He might just be the sleeper of last years QB draft class highlighted by Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance and Mac Jones.

I haven't watched Standford Football since Andrew Luck so up until the 3rd round I had never heard of his name before (or at least didn't remember his name from the combine).

Mac Jones might've gotten a Pro Bowl selection for winning games in N.E. but I thought this kid Davis Mills was the best Rookie QB of them all. Especially down the stretch.

After his 3rd game (2nd start) where he threw 4 INTs?

His next 9 Starts/10 Games were awesome he recorded 14 TDs/5 INTs QB Rating of 96.7 with a completion percentage of freaking 68.8%.

You look at "Pro Bowl" Mac Jones final 10 games (including playoff stinker) and it's not up there with Davis Mills.

• I think you guys might've gotten the QB steal of the draft because outside of promising production surrounded by mostly crap he's got something you can't teach. Awesome QB size @ 6'4/225 lbs; he's built like a horse similar to Peyton Manning.

Build around this kid. 

I didn't catch any games of his live. Was disappointed he missed our Jets matchup. But from the highlights I've since watched + statistics I've analyzed, he seems really promising. 

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That would be an insane deal. Horn and Brown were top 10 picks. Carolina giving Houston the equivalent of five first round picks sounds crazy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Two more shockers that could happen this offseason:

Raiders/Browns - Carr for Baker and a bunch of picks including at least one 1st

Browns are highly interested in Carr. 

Watson to Carolina for multiple 1sts

Colts have to settle for the Jimmy G sweepstakes. Not much of a difference from Wentz, but also not a lockerroom cancer, so there’s that..:

That would actually be a good deal for the Raiders.

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Colts have to settle for the Jimmy G sweepstakes. Not much of a difference from Wentz, but also not a lockerroom cancer, so there’s that..:

Yeah, I'd rather keep Baker.

It would be a damn shame if the Bengals don’t secure La’el Collins if the rumour are true. 

A top 10 RT, 28 years old, $10 per year for the next three years, and a massive hole at RT currently on a line in need of multiple upgrades. Makes too much sense. No reason (other than an absurd asking price) for the Bengals to not get this done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah, no, the Browns aren’t giving up “a bunch of picks including at least one 1st” to upgrade their QB from like 17th best in the league to 11th.