Packers to hire former Raider interim coach Rich Bisaccia as new ST coach

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

damn.. imagine being the HC of that trainwreck, leading the trainwreck to the playoffs, then having to settle for a STC gig

Disrespectful

He was a poor HC, a decent ST coach and a brilliant leader. Moving on was the correct decision, without a doubt

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Now we are going to ignore offense next

Bout time. Only took you 35 years.

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

damn.. imagine being the HC of that trainwreck, leading the trainwreck to the playoffs, then having to settle for a STC gig

Disrespectful

Its a bit surprising. Rich is a high quality dude. I loved him when he was with us. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

cvasm-page-doutes_en.png

Can you evidence his HC quality? Poor EPI & CPI rankings, got absolutely destroyed anytime we faced a good QB and were totally unprepared constantly. The penalty issues were still amongst the worst in the league.

If we hadn't faced dire QBs to finish the year + Chargers who are gunna Charger we'd have not sniffed the playoffs. 

Now Gruden still takes lions share of blame for being a disaster on & off field but keeping on an interim coach who had a dismal point differential + pythagorian wins total is a dreadful move. Now hiring McDaniels might also be, but two things can be true at once. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Can you evidence his HC quality? Poor EPI & CPI rankings, got absolutely destroyed anytime we faced a good QB and were totally unprepared constantly. The penalty issues were still amongst the worst in the league.

If we hadn't faced dire QBs to finish the year + Chargers who are gunna Charger we'd have not sniffed the playoffs. 

Now Gruden still takes lions share of blame for being a disaster on & off field but keeping on an interim coach who had a dismal point differential + pythagorian wins total is a dreadful move. Now hiring McDaniels might also be, but two things can be true at once. 

Have you ever thought maybe this isnt a coaching issue, but a talent one? I thought you guys looked ready, prepared and fought every game I saw. You just didnt have as good of a roster most of the time. But I obviously didnt really study you guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you ever thought maybe this isnt a coaching issue, but a talent one? I thought you guys looked ready, prepared and fought every game I saw. You just didnt have as good of a roster most of the time. But I obviously didnt really study you guys.

Yeh, I think losing Waller for most the second half of the year and Ruggs obviously really nullified our explosive offence, coupled with the OL issues and Jacobs being constantly banged up. I don't think Bisaccia was at fault at all, maybe a lack of outright talent and OC Olsen was not the greatest game planner or playcaller I think affected us more. With Bisaccia at HC the players fought and scrapped for everything. I don't think he's a tactical genius but the players loved him and laid it all on the line for him. I would have liked him to get a shot somewhere at being a HC but do nothing but wish him the best, great guy by all accounts.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Disrespectful

Disrespected by all 32 teams? He got 1 interview as a HC (Houston, if you can count that) so not exactly a hot commodity for a HC position. That should tell us all we need to know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Disrespected by all 32 teams? He got 1 interview as a HC (Houston, if you can count that) so not exactly a hot commodity for a HC position. That should tell us all we need to know.

If he were to get any HC job this year, it would've been Las Vegas.  The fact that he kept the Raiders afloat after such a disastrous season off-field was remarkable.   Def a coach you'd want on your staff and if he can make the Packers ST even avg that's a huge comeup.

• Like 1