2022 Combine Thread

Ragnarok

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Broderick Bunkley esque, at least from that picture. Neal is a freak.

Has a pic of him with his shirt off and I get some Tyron Smith vibes. Not quite as cut (has 30 pounds on him still), but freak is the right word from a physical standpoint.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Karlaftis has been falling as of late. He went from top-10 in every mock to late 20s in a lot of recent ones. If he does what I think he is going to do this weekend, he won't be taken later than 10 in any mock draft or the actual draft.

He never was a top 10 guy, that was all hyperbole 

• Like 2

Love my combine, and I definitely sometimes take too stock in it

From the PLAYER perspective, I actually agree with a lot of them to compete. If you are thought of as having a strength in some area, you do NOT need to go out and prove it. If you are thought of as having a weakness in an area (and you agree that its a weakness), you should NOT go out there and expose it. If you think you are UNDERRATED in an area, and you want to prove everybody wrong, then you SHOULD go out and do it

But like.. if I'm a guy who is thought of as "fast", I'm not running the 40 unless I think I can put up a number that's going to make me millions. Otherwise, I've already got the label of "fast", so why risk anything

Just now, tyler735 said:

All the hand size "concerns" for Pickett crack me up. The guy can either play at a high level or he can't. His hands are such a minimal part of the equation.

Smaller hands are usually going to lead towards fumble concerns.  It's not about his ability to spin the ball, it's about preventing fumbles.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Smaller hands are usually going to lead towards fumble concerns.  It's not about his ability to spin the ball, it's about preventing fumbles.

Reminds me of the old QB height debate people used to have several years back before people realized it's generally not that important. Pickett's hand size is of minimal importance in his overall evaluation. 

Dak Prescott has 10 7/8 inch hands (2ng biggest in NFL history among QB's). He led the NFL in fumbles last year lol.

Just now, tyler735 said:

Reminds me of the old QB height debate people used to have several years back before people realized it's generally not that important. Pickett's hand size is of minimal importance in his overall evaluation. 

Dak Prescott has 10 7/8 inch hands (2ng biggest in NFL history among QB's). He led the NFL in fumbles last year lol.

There's always going to be exceptions to rules.  There's a reason why Drew Brees was successful.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's always going to be exceptions to rules.  There's a reason why Drew Brees was successful.

Yeah because it's generally not an issue much like hand size lol. Either you can play or you can't. 

Edited by tyler735