2022 Offseason Discussion

I know @LETSGOBROWNIES will absolutely hate this, but we need to trade down in whatever rounds we need to to start stockpiling future draft picks. This coming year is going to be a wait till next year year. Year? The choices of qb we can acquire are absolutely garbage. Let’s just go get Mariota. Let him do what he does, get hurt and elevate that draft pick. Ugg the issue is I’m not even sold that next year is even a good year to get a qb. Stroud is still unproven.  The cat from Alabama is slight. My mind may change given I like to watch these cats with mine own 2 eyes. But bottom line, here we are, in search of our future qb of the future numeral cien. Again. One more geeyen. This time is it. Again. And again. And etc…

Hey Garrett?  Might want to ask for a trade. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I know @LETSGOBROWNIES will absolutely hate this, but we need to trade down in whatever rounds we need to to start stockpiling future draft picks. This coming year is going to be a wait till next year year. Year? The choices of qb we can acquire are absolutely garbage. Let’s just go get Mariota. Let him do what he does, get hurt and elevate that draft pick. Ugg the issue is I’m not even sold that next year is even a good year to get a qb. Stroud is still unproven.  The cat from Alabama is slight. My mind may change given I like to watch these cats with mine own 2 eyes. But bottom line, here we are, in search of our future qb of the future numeral cien. Again. One more geeyen. This time is it. Again. And again. And etc…

Hey Garrett?  Might want to ask for a trade. 

Seems the FO and maybe Jimmy, too, don't see Mayfield as our QB of the future.

I do not either.

So what do we do other than stockpile for 2023?

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Robert Woods is expected to be available. He’d be a fantastic fit.

At least with free agency, I think the difficult thing right now is, what receiver wants to come here not knowing who is the quarterback is? The Baker situation was enough to keep some guys away. Maybe if we overpay somebody it will be enough, aside from that, draft. I guess if we are talking low asset trades that’s an option.

Edited by NateDawg

25 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

At least with free agency, I think the difficult thing right now is, what receiver wants to come here not knowing who is the quarterback is? The Baker situation was enough to keep some guys away. Maybe if we overpay somebody it will be enough, aside from that, draft. I guess if we are talking low asset trades that’s an option.

Yep. Unbelievable how idiotic the front office has handled this.

Not sold on Baker and want to pursue an upgrade? Completely understandable. Make that the plan from the end of the season, maximize your chances of executing the plan and Baker's trade value.

Maintain you're going to ride with Baker in his 5th year all the way until the middle of free agency, pursue a slime ball perv you have no shot at, have your whole QB plan fall apart and make yourself look like "same old clown show Browns" for all the world to see (including prospective free agents) and diminish his trade value and your bargaining position? Brownsy AF. Sadly, current management is proving no better than the parade of keystone cops in the past. Our team is so much worse now than it was 2 weeks ago.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Not sold on Baker and want to pursue an upgrade? Completely understandable. Make that the plan from the end of the season, maximize your chances of executing the plan and Baker's trade value.

Maintain you're going to ride with Baker in his 5th year all the way until the middle of free agency, pursue a slime ball perv you have no shot at, have your whole QB plan fall apart and make yourself look like "same old clown show Browns" for all the world to see (including prospective free agents) and diminish his trade value and your bargaining position? Brownsy AF. Sadly, current management is proving no better than the parade of keystone cops in the past. Our team is so much worse now than it was 2 weeks ago.

I’ll say it again, either the new group of highly intelligent, well thought of individuals are as dumb as the other highly intelligent individuals and experienced front office personnel we’ve had before, or it’s the one common denominator.

I suppose Banner, Farmer, Sashi, DePo, Dorsey and Berry could all be morons. Or just Haslam.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Robert Woods is expected to be available. He’d be a fantastic fit.

I would believe it will be a extremely difficult for any FA to sign in Cleveland right now....

Which is why I think they should be doing everything possible to get past this ASAP and bring in whoever is next.

It will be a lot easier to sell guys on being here once the QB is established.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would believe it will be a extremely difficult for any FA to sign in Cleveland right now....

Which is why I think they should be doing everything possible to get past this ASAP and bring in whoever is next.

It will be a lot easier to sell guys on being here once the QB is established.

FAs will almost always follow the money. They don’t care about that extra crap. 

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

I've been pondering this the last couple of weeks....and I saw an article about the thought process I was having.....I wish I had the link....but I dont think this is our F.O. I think this is SQUARELY on Jimmy Haslem.....ever since, A.B's predecessor and Mentor was here (Sashi Brown), just like his mentor, his moves have been measured, steady, logical and reek of "Analytics".......from us to go from telling baker and the rest of the world at the combine that Mayfield is the QB next year, to offering OUTLANDISH deal based on INSANITY (I heard at one point it was 3 1rst, Chubb and Ward for a QB with one playoff win and a Tarnished reputation......in a matter of Day's? Does that seem like the Font office we've seen the last 2 years and under Sashi (even the Hue Jackson 2 2nds to Bengals for AJ McCarren, that the "Paperwork got lost on").....

I'm Telling you.....this was Truck STOP Jimmy, putting his nose back in the mix.....he finally let his Football guys do their job, and get us close.....now he wants to step in and try to get the Glory....Jimmy Hasslem, Please STOP and STEP BACK into the shadows and let these guys do what they have been doing.

Edit: Similar Article but not the one I read.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2022/03/17/the-browns-blew-it-baker-mayfield-officially-requests-to-be-traded/?utm_source=google-newsstand&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google-newsstand

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

FAs will almost always follow the money. They don’t care about that extra crap. 

Devante Adams just took less money to go to the Raiders because of Derek Carr lol At least from a WR perspective, I think the QB situation gets weighted a lot more than other FA positions like OLB.