2022 Offseason Discussion

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Qualified aerospace engineer. So yeah I think he is smart 

Some people you can just look at and figure they are smart...

55a57ade9171a.image.jpg

That said, if Jacoby gets hurt during Watson's suspension I think it is safe to mark that or those games as L's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder what the 49ers want for Debo. I’d happily give up a 2nd for him. How could you not want a weapon like him? 

Heres the thing...the Browns are going to be in cap hell for the next 4 years once Watson starts making 54M a year and Garrett is making 29M. Those two players will combine to eat 37% of the Browns cap space for the next 4 seasons.

With Ward pending among other players--the Browns can in no way afford to pay another 20M+ for Samuel.

IF Ward gets his market value from the Browns (17M), the Browns will have around 58-60% of their cap space tied up in Watson, Garrett, Cooper and Ward.

Not only are they not going to be able to afford Samuel, but they are going to HAVE to nail mid-round draft picks for the next 3 years. They can not afford to draft poorly because no other high priced FA is going to be able to come here.

Edited by AkronsWitness

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the thing...the Browns are going to be in cap hell for the next 4 years once Watson starts making 54M a year and Garrett is making 29M. Those two players will combine to eat 37% of the Browns cap space for the next 4 seasons.

With Ward pending among other players--the Browns can in no way afford to pay another 20M+ for Samuel.

IF Ward gets his market value from the Browns (17M), the Browns will have around 58-60% of their cap space tied up in Watson, Garrett, Cooper and Ward.

Not only are they not going to be able to afford Samuel, but they are going to HAVE to nail mid-round draft picks for the next 3 years. They can not afford to draft poorly because no other high priced FA is going to be able to come here.

The cap is going up again. We’ll have money and I’d rather have Samuel than cooper. Who only plays hard when he feels like it. I think we’re going to be very frustrated with him this year and willing to move on from him. I’d take Samuel at 20M per than cooper. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The cap is going up again. We’ll have money and I’d rather have Samuel than cooper. Who only plays hard when he feels like it. I think we’re going to be very frustrated with him this year and willing to move on from him. I’d take Samuel at 20M per than cooper. 

The difference is Samuel is going to cost 20M+, probably closer to 25M AND he is going to require multiple premium draft picks to trade for. We need a WR2 but the browns just dont have the draft compensation after the Watson trade to be in the position to go after him.