Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Kind of Glad he can play much of the season with sleeves on

Not a big fan of the body artwork. He's certainly a 'complicated fella!' You know he spent months looking for the right look too. 

Is getting your first tattoo at 40 sort of a mid-life crisis sort of deal?

Edited by Old Guy

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not a big fan of the body artwork. He's certainly a 'complicated fella!' You know he spent months looking for the right look too. 

Is getting your first tattoo at 40 sort of a mid-life crisis sort of deal?

I think it used to be that way.  Not so sure anymore.

I too thought maybe he was having a mid-life crisis.  But I think it may actually be the opposite.  I think he's pretty comfortable with who he is right now and is just going with the flow.

He got pretty much everything he ever wanted.  A record breaking 3rd contract with GB.  Some say with the organization that drafted him.  3 MVP's, 2 in a row.  Super Bowl ring.  Super Bowl MVP.

Now he's just living his best life.  And that is just fine.

I just have to keep remembering that winning Super Bowls isn't all that important to guys anymore.  They want recognition and they want to get paid.  I know that many are driven hard by the first ring.  But after that?  It's all gravy.

If this team is to win another title with Rodgers under center, it will be because the young guys on the roster want it that badly.  Because I don't feel like our QB has that drive for a ring like they will have.  And....I hope I'm wrong about that.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, Isherwood said:

Not being overly serious about this, but I'm fairly convinced Rodgers is bisexual. After the "Yeah, I'm immunized" comment, I thought back to his Tuesdays with Aaron quote on his sexuality: https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2014/01/04/aaron-rodgers-leitch

"I really like women" could be exactly the same sort of comment as "yeah, I'm immunized" - it's technically not a lie! 

I know a couple of men who are in their early 50s and never married and I never questioned their "orientation."   Why do people suspect this with men but not women?  If a woman never marries we just call her an old maid and rarely entertain the notion she is a lesbian.

10 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know a couple of men who are in their early 50s and never married and I never questioned their "orientation."   Why do people suspect this with men but not women?  If a woman never marries we just call her an old maid and rarely entertain the notion she is a lesbian.

How to say you are old without saying you are old. 

• Like 2

I got my first tattoo in my early/mid-30s. Now have both arms done a few years later.

Mine are both related to/of my daughters. I could never really commit to an idea I wanted tattooed before them despite having been interested for years in body art.

Rodgers work is skillfully done. It's a style I'd be interested in for myself as well.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I got my first tattoo in my early/mid-30s. Now have both arms done a few years later.

Mine are both related to/of my daughters. I could never really commit to an idea I wanted tattooed before them despite having been interested for years in body art.

Rodgers work is skillfully done. It's a style I'd be interested in for myself as well.

You're talking about the Joe Rogan one right?

• Like 1