Aaron Rodgers Extended

Abe56

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

We aren't winning a SB with him making 50M. *SIGH*

Cap is 208 this year and will be shooting up the next few years with gambling revenue.

The number isn't going to be nearly as harmful as we might initially think.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Someone please post the flame wars back in 2020 some Packers fans had with the whole forum about Jordan Love not being a wasted first round pick

Lol. You can go back even further to a time where some few packers fans on this forum wanted to jettison Rodgers and see what they had in Hundley. lmao. 

Just now, Forge said:

Jimmy G @Broncofan

At least he's basically free at this point

That's right, I forgot about Jimmy G.

Going through the numbers, it seems like there are a number of teams really looking for a new QB and not a lot of options. At least 1 team is going to go into the season disappointed. And there is a decent chance a team, like Denver, that was really going into this offseason prepared to make a strong push for reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers may end up with someone like Jameis Winston.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't like this. You can't win a Super Bowl paying him that much. It shows he values money over winning at this point.

But if he stays in GB and doesn't win, it keeps my hopes alive of being able to pretzel logic my way into saying Alex Smith was the right choice if the niners can win a super bowl in the next 4 years

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

But if he stays in GB and doesn't win, it keeps my hopes alive of being able to pretzel logic my way into saying Alex Smith was the right choice if the niners can win a super bowl in the next 4 years

True, I totally forgot to factor that into my thought process. Alright, it might be a good deal now.

• Like 1