Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Great trade for Denver. Who cares about those picks and those players? You got a legit top 15 QB that immediately makes you a strong playoff contender. I'll be very interested to see Russell's performance in Denver, because if he does have a bounce back season, it's safe to assume that Pete Carroll effectively neutered him here. 

I look at what his offense looks like right now (and this before FA and draft)... and I get the feeling a bounce back is all but guaranteed. He will have a better OL to give him plenty chances.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

idk I feel like they got a good amount if they use it right. 

if they end up drafting a franchise QB they could’ve definitely done well with this trade. 

let’s say they draft Malik Willis and he pans out. Trade could be franchise changing. 

Lol but every trade in history is a winner if you just draft a franchise QB. 

Seems that’s the hard part and why Russ is worth multiple firsts. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Incredibly bittersweet. 

On one hand, I've been calling for us to trade Russ while his value is still high. His game, frankly, is not aging well. He relies a ton on playing outside of the play design and his athleticism continues to diminish (and he justifies his weight gain for durability). Don't get me wrong, he's still elite with a clean pocket and when he gets rid of the ball within 3 seconds it's a thing of beauty. Problem is, he all but refuses to throw 50/50 balls (you can argue this is Pete's fault), will negatively impact your OL, and will likely leave your OC infuriated that the play call isn't actually being ran. 

On the other hand, what a horrible return for Seattle and not my idea of trading Russ "while his value is still high". Sure, perspective is largely skewed due to the awful Jamal Adams trade, but that's just a natural comparison. To think we barely got more for Russ than what we gave up for Jamal is a travesty. I actually can't believe we couldn't get back a young foundation piece like Javonte, Surtain, or Jeudy. When I saw it was only two 1sts, I thought it MUST include one of those names. 

Anyone who follows my posts knows that I've been calling for John Schneider's head for a LONG time. There's not another GM in the league with as bad of a track record with early draft picks and trades than Schneider. Hopefully this just gets us one step closer to waving goodbye to him. 

Great trade for Denver. Who cares about those picks and those players? You got a legit top 15 QB that immediately makes you a strong playoff contender. I'll be very interested to see Russell's performance in Denver, because if he does have a bounce back season, it's safe to assume that Pete Carroll effectively neutered him here. 

Never agreed with one of your posts more 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The Jamal Adams trade was a travesty regardless of other events. Can't expect future moves to make up for that.

I don't think anyone is asking for them to "make up for that". 

It just shows how delusional Schneider's value is on players/positions that he couldn't leverage a franchise QB mid-contract to get a better return than a SS on an expiring contract. 

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

So apparently it wasn't Russ shooting down the deal to Wash? it was Seattle not wanting to trade him within the NFC. If that's true wow, you just left a lot more on the table potentially. 

I mean hell, Denver even plays Seattle this season lol. 

I've legitimately always despised the thought process of not trading him within a division / conference. Cutting of your nose to spite your face. 

4 minutes ago, ACO said:

I look at what his offense looks like right now (and this before FA and draft)... and I get the feeling a bounce back is all but guaranteed. He will have a better OL to give him plenty chances.

And this is what I meant by "he will make your OL worse". Maybe I'm totally off here, but Seattle's OL is better than Denver's. Our only weak spot was Center. 

Everyone thinks Seattle's OL is trash because of Russell's propensity to hold the ball longer than he should. I want to say we were actually top 10 in neutral pass block win rate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

idk I feel like they got a good amount if they use it right. 

if they end up drafting a franchise QB they could’ve definitely done well with the trade.

I think you vastly overestimate how hard it is to draft a franchise QB…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think you vastly overestimate how hard it is to draft a franchise QB…

That relationship was clearly on the ropes/ending, and Russ is getting older. This is the type of package I personally expected.

Just rough since the draft compensation comes in a year with no QB.

Just now, .Buzz said:

That relationship was clearly on the ropes/ending, and Russ is getting older. This is the type of package I personally expected.

Just rough since the draft compensation comes in a year with no QB.

No - I get that and agree completely. The trade had to happen.

I’m just dispelling the notion that a team can go to some mythical QB tree and give it a shake and *boom* out comes a franchise QB. The odds of them using one of those picks to find another top 10 QB is slim. Doable, but not likely.

• Like 1