Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

19 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

And this is what I meant by "he will make your OL worse". Maybe I'm totally off here, but Seattle's OL is better than Denver's. Our only weak spot was Center. 

Everyone thinks Seattle's OL is trash because of Russell's propensity to hold the ball longer than he should. I want to say we were actually top 10 in neutral pass block win rate. 

I’m not usually the guy to bring this type of thing up seriously in a discussion, but I think it actually has merit here…

How much of that has to do with seeing Aaron Donald, Chandler Jones, Nick Bosa, and the rest of those secondary pass rushers (Leonard Floyd, Arik Armstead), twice a year? Plus DeForest Buckner, Danielle Hunter, TJ Watt, Cam Jordan, and Khalil Mack in 2021?

I get his tendency probably goes back much, much further than just this year. But I don’t think the AFCW, even with Crosby/big bear, has nearly that pedigree.

• Like 1

That's an underwhelming return for the Seahawks. You get 2 1/2 players back (the half of a player being Lock), one being an okay TE with upside who you'll have to pay more in the near future and the other is a good DL that is going to be 31 by the season's start (so maybe not part of the long-term rebuild that is now necessary). Hawks were not even able to get a potentially great player in return (Surtain/Jeudy/J. Williams/hell even Chubb or Dre'Mont Jones would have been better) for their top 7 QB. 
And then you consider the picks they received :
-
9th pick this year (okay that's not bad but they'll probably waste it on Corall lol) 
-1st pick next year (bound to be pretty low - Broncos has a pretty good team now with Wilson) 
and two 2nd rounders (that's alright actually) 
AAAAAND then you consider they had to give a 4th rounder for 5th rounder as well. That's just Paton laughing at Schneider at this point. 
Not a good trade IMO. 

And the absolute worse is considering the difference between what they gave up for Adams versus what they received for Wilson. It's been a slow spiral into irrelevance for the Seahawks since their SB loss to the Pats. 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not usually the guy to bring this type of thing up seriously in a discussion, but I think it actually has merit here…

How much of that has to do with seeing Aaron Donald, Chandler Jones, Nick Bosa, and the rest of those secondary pass rushers (Leonard Floyd, Arik Armstead), twice a year? Plus DeForest Buckner, Danielle Hunter, TJ Watt, Cam Jordan, and Khalil Mack in 2021?

I get his tendency probably goes back much, much further than just this year. But I don’t think the AFCW, even with Crosby/big bear, has nearly that pedigree.

Sure, but you're comparing a unit that ranked top 10 in pass rush win rate (Seattle) and a unit that ranked bottom 10 (Denver). Those aren't weighted to factor for competition. 

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

A lot of it also had to do with who was under center

Actually, I'd contend it had more to do with the guy calling the plays for the guy under center (save for the very limited time he spent him an Air Coryell offense, Teddy's largely been a checkdown merchant, but those options weren't really being called for him all that much), but from the (granted roughly 1/3 of the season) sample-size I saw, this wasn't a case of poor pocket-awareness by Bridgewater - which is why I noted the pressures and not just the sacks.

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That was of my thought too. He will be seeing different pass rushers now and I feel the scheme will be very Russ friendly. Juedy and Sutton will be interest to watch next season. I suspect people will be viewing them differently by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

Why is everyone assuming Seattle is gonna bomb it with these picks

two first and two seconds

lets not forget Russell was a third rounder

not saying they will or not saying they won’t mess this up, but you can make things happen with that type of ammo. It’s up to the FO to use it correctly. 

Schinder went crazy with that 2012 draft. Maybe lightning could strike a decade later. This is absolutely a deep draft outside of QB, and even then one of the guys might pan out. It’s not as bad as the 2013 draft. 

but we won’t know whose won this trade for 3 years most likely.