Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

Just now, brownie man said:

Yeah I do believe Murray is franchise. 

Yeah, he’s done nothing to substantiate that. I know how you feel about Baker Mayfield, so we’re gonna play a little game here (numbers are per game):

QB1: 235.4 ypg/1.5 TDpg/0.9 INTpg

QB2: 249.6 ypg/1.5 TDpg/0.7 INTpg

Which QB is Baker? Which QB is Kyler? Given the similarities between these numbers… does it matter which is which?

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Why is everyone assuming Seattle is gonna bomb it with these picks

two first and two seconds

lets not forget Russell was a third rounder

not saying they will or not saying they won’t mess this up, but you can make things happen with that type of ammo. It’s up to the FO to use it correctly. 

Schinder went crazy with that 2012 draft. Maybe lightning could strike a decade later. This is absolutely a deep draft outside of QB, and even then one of the guys might pan out. It’s not as bad as the 2013 draft. 

but we won’t know whose won this trade for 3 years most likely. 

Last time John Schneider needed a QB he traded a 2nd rounder for Charlie Whitehurst and handed Matt Flynn a guaranteed $10 million. 

I appreciate your optimism though. 

• Like 5

Just now, ET80 said:

Yeah, this specific group of people are pretty bad with picks in the top 32…

They did do a solid job on second round picks for the first half of the decade and then completely fell apart in the second half. It's like DK and then yikes since about 2016. 

Their last 5 years have just been fairly rough when it comes to drafting. 

• Like 1

I personally think the Seahawks couldve gotten more. The last thing the Seahawks need is just picks. They are probably the worst drafting team in the NFL. I have to think they take all those picks and go trade for Watson. If they keep those picks and straight up draft players they better hit gold or else they got fleeced the most of any team all-time. 

I love the trade for the Broncos. We are seeing the picks mean less and less now. Its about proven talent. The Rams have shown everyone the way. As the shirt that Les worn to the parade with this face on it said, "f!@$%^ those picks" lol. The Broncos are a legit one QB away from imo being not just the favs in the AFC West but possibly the favs in the AFC and could be the NFL. They have the defense and they could be getting Von back which would be bad for me as a Rams fan but great for him since he didnt want to leave in the first place and great for the team and fanbase. They have every piece on offense outside the QB and they have a young offensive minded coach that ARod thinks highly of. So now you add the QB in that homefield advantage in Denver and they have potential to be danger-RUSS lol. So picks dont matter to them. They are essentially the Bucs or two seasons ago and the Rams of last season. Go win a Superbowl like right now and figure the rest out later. So I love this for the Broncos. Right now they are my fav to come out of the AFC to go to the Superbowl. I truly believe in Russ and I think he will thrive with the Broncos. 

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not usually the guy to bring this type of thing up seriously in a discussion, but I think it actually has merit here…

How much of that has to do with seeing Aaron Donald, Chandler Jones, Nick Bosa, and the rest of those secondary pass rushers (Leonard Floyd, Arik Armstead), twice a year? Plus DeForest Buckner, Danielle Hunter, TJ Watt, Cam Jordan, and Khalil Mack in 2021?

I get his tendency probably goes back much, much further than just this year. But I don’t think the AFCW, even with Crosby/big bear, has nearly that pedigree.

It really took one not-all-that-much-down year for people for forget about Chris Jones?  Dude's only Top 5 in QB pressures of the past 5 seasons.  Frank Clark didn't look last season like Seattle Frank Clark but there's as much evidence to show that the downturn of last season was as much to do with battling injury as any.  Ngakoue is still the guy lining up opposite Crosby - and posted 10 sacks.

Also, why bring up out-of-division schedule and slate of pass-rushers-faced for one team if you're not willing to show it for the other side as well?  Seems a bit disingenuous.

This deal is bad for Seattle because they should have gotten more, but tbh at some point in 20 pages we should probably note it's conceivable that they're selling high and that Russ is 33 and no one knows how he's going to age as a QB given his size/playstyle/OLs. Maybe the concussion water keeps him around until he's 40, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

This seemingly makes it more difficult for the Chiefs to go unbeaten. During the Mahomes era that's all I care about, as a '72 Dolphins season ticket holder. Kansas City figured to be in a regular season funk one season after losing the Super Bowl. But that goes away this year. 

Also I don't mind the Seahawks declining, after their prominent blogger was such a paranoid laughingstock by lying about the content of my posts after he refused to publish them. Let him stay up all night to watch defeats. 

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Why is everyone assuming Seattle is gonna bomb it with these picks

two first and two seconds

lets not forget Russell was a third rounder

not saying they will or not saying they won’t mess this up, but you can make things happen with that type of ammo. It’s up to the FO to use it correctly. 

Schinder went crazy with that 2012 draft. Maybe lightning could strike a decade later. This is absolutely a deep draft outside of QB, and even then one of the guys might pan out. It’s not as bad as the 2013 draft. 

but we won’t know whose won this trade for 3 years most likely. 

Well... have you seen their recent draft picks? I can see why people would have very little faith.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They got second rounders too

We can’t act like he didn’t draft the best line backer and arguably best corner of the decade 

I’m just saying an extra first and second two years in a row is enough ammo to find the guy or at least find some great talent. 

Now if you want to fire Schneider that’s a different conversation, and I could see the argument for that. 

but if he’s going to stay I think two first two seconds and some players that’ll you’ll either keep or could turn into comp picks a enough value to bring in some quality talent. 

but yes I could definitely see the argument Schiender should’ve been fired by now

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eh; Okung-Thomas were awesome picks (First of the regime)

Carpenter was a slight reach, but outplayed other OL's drafted around that spot (Carmi, Sherrod). Key cog in Seattle offense in 2012-2014.

Bruce Irvin a decent pick at 15 (although over Ingram and Chandler is ..tough).

Collier is the only Bust. Penny was a reach, Brooks was an ok pick at 27. He's been just as good as the other 1st round LB's (Simmons, Murray Queen).

Overall.... ehhhhh

That being said, I dont have a ton of confidence they dont mess this up. 

• Like 1