Bears trading DE Khalil Mack to the Chargers

AFlaccoSeagulls

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we are counting draft trades, hard to beat Leslie O'Neal trade

Okay best trade since I've been alive. This defense pass rush is going to be '06 levels of good. Just need to fill out the interior and we are winning the AFC, forget about just the divison.

• Like 1

Bears aren’t winning now so it makes sense. As the roster gets older and we remain non competitive I am all for this in practice but I feel like a higher end pass rusher could get more than that. I did want the roster gutted, at least the older guys but it’s a little disappointing seeing we only got a second for him lol. Mack not being a sack god recently is more because teams strategize solely for him and until last year we didn’t really have anyone that could dominate from the holes left by doubling Mack. Kinda like Hester not returning many for touchdowns because teams deliberately kicked away from him. I wish we could’ve gotten something for Akiem Hicks, Eddie Jackson, or Danny T but Mack was a player I loved but wanted to trade while he still had value. 

I typically don’t care much for the AFC but I think the chargers are gonna be a blast to watch next year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would trade a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for Khalil Mack. WTF are the Bears doing?

Bears are in full rebuild. This was the best move for them. Their roster is so poorly constructed keeping him would just waste the back half of his career.

13 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Still have 12 picks this year I believe. Package a few and Kenneth Murray to get another 1st. Draft Jordan Davis and Jameson Williams. Profit.

I honestly don’t get the Davis love. He’s a workout warrior at this time. Too inconsistent and lazy on film. Our DT help should come in FA. 

Edited by Xenos