Bears trading DE Khalil Mack to the Chargers

AFlaccoSeagulls

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Ok maybe I'm wrong and everything that glitters isn't gold. 

Not only is Khalil Mack 31 years old but he's due I believe $84,900,000 throughout the next 3 years @ 28,300,000 per season. 

Maybe giving up a 2nd round draft pick within an extremely deep edge pass rushing 2022 draft class + $28.3M per year is a little too much for a player with an 0-3 Playoffs record despite 8 NFL years later? 

Chargers just went from Big Time FA contenders being ranked 5th in Available Salary Cap Space @ $42,316,690 to now ranked 19th in Available Salary Cap Space @ only $12,000,000 (once Khalil Mack's 2022 contract of $30M kicks in).

Maybe the Chargers should've just drafted an Edge Rusher @ 17th overall and kept all of their Available Salary Cap Space + 2nd round draft pick instead???

you really do not understand how NFL contracts work do you?

The prorated money for each year stays with Chicago

2022 = $12.05M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus... total of $17.55M

2023 = $17.2M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus ...total of $22.7M

2024 = $17.5M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus ... total of $23M

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you really do not understand how NFL contracts work do you?

The prorated money for each year stays with Chicago

2022 = $12.05M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus... total of $17.55M

2023 = $17.2M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus ...total of $22.7M

2024 = $17.5M base salary + $5.5M roster bonus ... total of $23M

Lol. We have gotten so many wonderful new FF memes the last few weeks. Going to be a while before some of this stuff is forgotten

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would trade a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for Khalil Mack. WTF are the Bears doing?

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

HOW did no one beat that? I feel like there's something not being reported here. Maybe another player involved?

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Is Mack just average now or something? The best the Bears could get for him was a 2nd and 6th?

The massive salary is the biggest thing that affected the draft pick compensation. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I doubt McDaniels is gonna be anything like he was 12 years ago. 

Really? Why? 

The Chargers did this right in trading for the pass rusher after they were sure their QB on a rookie deal was the guy.  The Bears on the other doubled down on the mistake that was "betting on Mitch Trubisky" (over Mahomes and Watson no less) when they acquired Mack.  Things may be looking up in Chicago with Fields, but Pace's aggressiveness in trading draft picks ultimately cost him his job and wasted the prime of some players.

• Like 1