Bears trading DE Khalil Mack to the Chargers

AFlaccoSeagulls

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN HERBERT!!! Coupon Tom strikes again. Chargers finally realizing they need to make some moves to get out of the loaded AFC. I'm pumped for this and would not be shocked to see something else go down.

• Like 2

People saying OMG if they add Jordan Davis! What if they added the real stud, Travis Jones? You add Travis Jones to those 4 or 5 games where Mack and Bosa are both actually healthy and playing together, and that's going to be a hell of a month for opposing offenses.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

a 2nd for a full season of Mack after Von Miller went for a 2 and 3 for part of a season. Bears new FO hopefully at least drafts better than prior one.

You do realize the cap hits that come over the next 3 years with trading for Mack are not insignificant ...right?

And if the Chargers release him before his contract is up then will it really have been worth trading for him... I mean short of winning a Super Bowl?

Just saying ..can't always look at things one sided

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

You do realize the cap hits that come over the next 3 years with trading for Mack are not insignificant ...right?

And if the Chargers release him before his contract is up then will it really have been worth trading for him... I mean short of winning a Super Bowl?

Just saying ..can't always look at things one sided

Who the hell are the Bears spending money on that they care about Kahil Macks cap hit on their books?

I dont disagree with trading him to go full on rebuild, but I would have been asking for more than what Brock Osweiler got traded for is all Im saying.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Who the hell are the Bears spending money on that they care about Kahil Macks cap hit on their books?

I dont disagree with trading him to go full on rebuild, but I would have been asking for more than what Brock Osweiler got traded for is all Im saying.

Trust me I would have liked more compensation too but if you've already decided to go in that direction as a franchise and that's the best offer you could get then what more can you do?

For as good as a player that Mack is, the new staff probably figured this Bears team has too many holes to fix in a short amount of time and it's always better to get compensation for an aging player one year early than 1 year too late.

Plus with Bears moving back to a 4-3 and Mack having played exclusively in a 3-4 in his NFL career, and with Bears having two other fully capable DE's in Robert Quinn (18.5 sacks in 2021/2nd in NFL last season) and Trevis Gipson (7 sacks in 2021) you can understand why they made the move

• Like 1

Ok maybe I'm wrong and everything that glitters isn't gold. 

Not only is Khalil Mack 31 years old but he's due I believe $84,900,000 throughout the next 3 years @ 28,300,000 per season. 

Maybe giving up a 2nd round draft pick within an extremely deep edge pass rushing 2022 draft class + $28.3M per year is a little too much for a player with an 0-3 Playoffs record despite 8 NFL years later? 

Chargers just went from Big Time FA contenders being ranked 5th in Available Salary Cap Space @ $42,316,690 to now ranked 19th in Available Salary Cap Space @ only $12,000,000 (once Khalil Mack's 2022 contract of $30M kicks in).

Maybe the Chargers should've just drafted an Edge Rusher @ 17th overall and kept all of their Available Salary Cap Space + 2nd round draft pick instead???

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships