Texans QB Deshaun Watson will NOT face criminal charges

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I really don’t see the difference of getting trading to Carolina. Carolina will basically be identical to those Houston teams the past few seasons he was on.

Im trying to figure that out as well....the best I can come up with is he went to Clemson so people keep saying Carolina? Shiiiii if that was the case trade Michael Thomas to the Browns right now! lol

I just see numerous better fits for him than Carolina...... PIT, CLE, TB, IND, MN.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I'm asking from the league though.

Certainly, Goodell doesn't have a history of needing firm evidence to levy suspensions lol

But maybe there is just an agreement that the 2020 season was enough and we all move on? I'm not suggesting he should be, just curious if that threat it still there?

He'll either get a couple games or because he missed the entire 2021 season he might get "time served"

We haven't really seen something like this before to have a precedent for what will be done. 

The criminal side being done is huge for all parties involved in terms of protecting the shield, that's mostly what the league cares about.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You weak little man. Don't let the shiny refurbished QB drag you back.

I’m just happy to get away from this nonsense. Once Caserio burns those picks on the next N’Keal Harry or Sony Michel, I’ll be back to normal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

After years of stubbornly not giving into Russell Wilson's trade demands (as they should), the Seahawks finally pull the trigger on dealing him mere days before Watson's legal issues are resolved. 

Coincidence? 

STOP IT!!!!!! Your Seahawks need to get whipped by the 49ers for a few years before you guys can grab another franchise QB lol.

• Like 1

Giants & Steelers have publicly stated they're not in on Watson, and i thought i read somewhere he didn't want to waive his NTC for the Eagles

That leaves the Panthers & Seahawks as the main contenders? 

Darkhorse - Watson for Murray swap?

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Im trying to figure that out as well....the best I can come up with is he went to Clemson so people keep saying Carolina? 

I just see numerous better fits for him than Carolina...... PIT, CLE, TB, IND, MN.

1.  Carolina is likely to pay the full price.  
2.  Carolina has a young core that’s likely not getting dealt (maybe Brown but I doubt Burns / Chinn / Horn) go.  CMC / DJ Moore / Robbie Anderson is s pretty strong young core.   
3.   The owner Tepper is an all-in type of owner.   He would likely sign off on extending him further with even more upfront $.  That will appeal to Watson.  
4.  Pick wise other than PHI they have the highest present year capital.   That does matter even if it’s not a year to go QB.   

PIT’s ownership being old-school, has already said no.   IND doesn’t have the ammo.  PHI was already vetoed by Watson last year. 

NO, SEA and CLE certainly might fit.   But CAR’s willingness to not be outbid by any team except PHI shouldn’t be discounted.   

It’s not a lock but I see a lot ot logic with calling CAR as the front runner.  

FWIW - this press release is very telling for the last line.  Expect Watson to settle the cases, in the name of "time to move on".   Then the NFL decision on penalties...and then the next chapter in his playing career unfolds.

This is going to be a PR campaign of settlement to allow Watson to no longer be in limbo.   I'd expect the NFL to set some sort of punishment, given that he admitted to solicitation (and the league not wanting to look like they completely absolve the admitted behaviors, but not even come close to ending his career, given there's nothing that merited criminal charges).   But yes, I expect him to play in 2022...just a matter of where, and what week.

I'd take the under on Week 7.5.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW - this press release is very telling for the last line.  Expect Watson to settle the cases, in the name of "time to move on".   Then the NFL decision on penalties...and then the next chapter in his playing career unfolds.

This is going to be a PR campaign of settlement to allow Watson to no longer be in limbo.   I'd expect the NFL to set some sort of punishment, given that he admitted to solicitation (and the league not wanting to look like they completely absolve the admitted behaviors, but not even come close to ending his career, given there's nothing that merited criminal charges).   But yes, I expect him to play in 2022...just a matter of where, and what week.

I'd take the under on Week 7.5.

barf

• Like 2