Detroit Lions ink WR DJ Chark to one year deal

Ty21

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Thing that works is Chark plays outside and St-Brown goes to slot.  Combine Hockenson’s versatility and Swift’s threat in the backfield the Lions are on the right track skill position wise.    Add the QB (Goff ain’t it) and continue to build the OL the pieces are being assembled.    Chark plays well enough as a true WR1 likely he gets retained.   

Definitely like what the Lions are doing personnel wise.  

Would the Lions take the risk on a guy like Malik Willis? Goff is basically a seat warmer right now, so it would give Willis the time he needed to get his skillset right…

They could also grab that QBOTF with 32, get that 5th year option on their side.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Would the Lions take the risk on a guy like Malik Willis? Goff is basically a seat warmer right now, so it would give Willis the time he needed to get his skillset right…

They could also grab that QBOTF with 32, get that 5th year option on their side.

Anything is possible.   I’d be very tempted to trade back since T / EDGE seems like BPA at 1.2 but you can get either at 1.5 / 1.6.  

I think some team is moving up just a matter of how high and for who (Willis or EDGE / foundation T).  

Side note:  expect a WR to be drafted too but Chark / Reynolds / ESB in slot makes for a good trio role wise.    Just need a true long term X to hedge if Chark isn’t that long term answer.  

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's probably the one QB I am confident isn't making it that far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He's probably the one QB I am confident isn't making it that far. 

Whatever Vegas sets as the OU at pick for Willis is likely too high.   Pretty clear teams go for QB ceiling first now.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Never say never but the Lions have draft capital next year. It would surprise me if they took a QB this year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I must say, Brad Holmes got ALOT of flack last offseason for not throwing alot of money and high draft picks at WR. To go from nothing, absolutely nothing, to DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds, ARSB heading into this draft is quite a turn around. 

But the only option bad teams have is to overpay for mediocre talent! They have no choice! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I must say, Brad Holmes got ALOT of flack last offseason for not throwing alot of money and high draft picks at WR. To go from nothing, absolutely nothing, to DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds, ARSB heading into this draft is quite a turn around. 

And, not only that, but build that solid group without throwing tons of money at the problem. I'm a big fan of Holmes' approach to the roster so far.

So an objective comparison of Chark and Zay Jones has nothing to do with recency bias.

• Chark is a 13.9 ypc guy, Zay is 11.0
  • Chark is a 47.5 ypg player, Zay is 23.8
  • Chark is a 7.7 ypt player, Zay is 6.1
  • Chark scores a TD every 17.7 targets. Zay every 28.3

The best 2 years of their combined careers are Chark 2019 then Chark 2020 with a productive but horrid metrics 2018 Jones 3rd.