Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 minute ago, StartBarr said:

Perfect way to react to this- sign Cordarrelle Patterson & Cole Beasley + draft a WR in Round 1

Patterson could be an awesome weapon in this offense and fills a void for KR/PR. I think Beasley would do very well here too. Get me Treylon Burks or either OSU wideout and I think our offense looks awesome.

WR group something like…

Chris Olave

Allen Lazard

Cordarrelle Patterson

Cole Beasley

Randall Cobb

I’d like to officially lead the Cordarrelle / Cole movement here. 

Beasley and Cobb are both slot receivers. Including Amari, we dont need 3 of them.

1 minute ago, StartBarr said:

Perfect way to react to this- sign Cordarrelle Patterson & Cole Beasley + draft a WR in Round 1

Patterson could be an awesome weapon in this offense and fills a void for KR/PR. I think Beasley would do very well here too. Get me Treylon Burks or either OSU wideout and I think our offense looks awesome.

WR group something like…

Chris Olave

Allen Lazard

Cordarrelle Patterson

Cole Beasley

Randall Cobb

I’d like to officially lead the Cordarrelle / Cole movement here. 

Not a big fan of this. Patterson would be...fine...but Beasley would just give us a third slot receiver.

Just now, Striker said:

Not a big fan of this. Patterson would be...fine...but Beasley would just give us a third slot receiver.

Look at Beasley's yards per catch last year.  It.  Is.  Gross.

No reason Cobb or Rodgers can't run 2-3 yard routes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leader said:

? Why would he be looking for a one year deal?

Betting on himself to get a real payday after a better season next year.  MVS had a rough 2021.  He had some kind of injury.  Then he had Covid.  Then his infant nephew passed away.  This should/could have been a break out season for him, and a decent 3 year deal somewhere.  Instead, his value is lower than where he would like it to be, and a full year, with some better luck, may be what 2021 was supposed to be.  

22 may get us high enough to land Olave but it should 100% get us in Treylon Burks range. If not, Skyy Moore is going to be an awesome addition to this team. The kid has a release that would make Davante proud and would be the type to work a quick rhythm with 12. 

Use 22 or 28 on a WR and then take another one with 53, 59 or 92.

• Like 1

Good move for both teams. LV gets arguably the best WR in the game,  who knows their QB and wants to be there. GB gets great value in picks for a player who didn't want to be here, plus I think this actually helps the offense. There is a lot of truth to the Rodgers looking only at Adams stuff, and I think this lights a fire under Rodgers to prove he can make any WR better.

This was one of the trades I wanted to see (the other being Rodgers). There were games last year where I couldn't believe the plays Adams was making, they were just phenomenal. But there were also games were he just disappeared, and it wasn't from great coverage but lack of effort. Would have loved him to stay in GB for his career, but not if his head/heart aren't in it and definitely not at that salary. Best of luck to him and Carr, I'll secretly be rooring for them. 

Edited by BluePacker

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Beasley and Cobb are both slot receivers. Including Amari, we dont need 3 of them.

That's so slotty. Throw in Landry too. It will be one big slot orgy in the WR room.

Shame Rodgers doesn't swing that way and will be bypassing them by bombing the ball deep to his bro MVS.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

22 may get us high enough to land Olave but it should 100% get us in Treylon Burks range. If not, Skyy Moore is going to be an awesome addition to this team. The kid has a release that would make Davante proud and would be the type to work a quick rhythm with 12. 

Use 22 or 28 on a WR and then take another one with 53, 59 or 92.

Use 22 on WR and 28 on another position of need and then another WR with one of the second round picks.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

That's so slotty. Throw in Landry too. It will be one big slot orgy in the WR room.

Shame Rodgers doesn't swing that way and will be bypassing them by bombing the ball deep to his bro MVS.

Skill-wise....give me Landry over any of them - but we're not ditching Amari yet and Cobb.....well...

If Cobb could just stay healthy.......he was actually pretty productive....when the ball was thrown his way.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Use 22 on WR and 28 on another position of need and then another WR with one of the second round picks.

Reason I say or with these picks is because you never know how the board will fall. If someone slides that likely shouldn't (say Jermaine Johnson - he won't but this is just an example) and you already predetermined you're taking a WR there, I think you miss out on legitimate value there. Gotta go in fluid.

• Like 2