Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No I'm not saying hookers sue John's on court, I'm saying there are several high profile instances of hookers conspiring with others to extort rich men.  Ever heard of something called a "honey trap"?

And again, I'm not saying these women are attempting to extort Watson (although at least 1 may very well have been), I'm saying that a scuzball attorney is trying to use them and the current movement of removal of personal responsibility to enrich his life.  As far as feeling intimidated not being the same as being intimidated, let me give you an example, in my younger days, I once met Taker, I felt very intimidated in his presence.  He did nothing wrong, he did nothing to intimidate me, but he is a massive person, and in those days he lived kayefabe.  I would never accuse him of intimidation bc he did nothing to cause it.  Feeling intimidated by someone's presence or status is not the same thing as coercion or intimidation.

Im going to try and be the voice of reason here and say, this conversation is dicey and you are very clearly on the verge of saying something not super appropriate. 

Even if he is using to the web to find workers of the night, its still not a great look. Find some groupies that will rub your back and tingle your neathers for much less than a lawsuit and being accused as a rapey scumbag

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

And do you think it would be appropriate for Taker to pressure you for sex when you were alone with him?

Pressure implies intimidation.  Is it appropriate to ask somebody for sex in certain circumstances?  Again the basis of these claims is that his status is what created intimidation, not that he pressured them, not that there was coercion, simply he is a rich athlete therefore I couldn't say no.  I have a huge problem with that legally speaking.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Pressure implies intimidation.  Is it appropriate to ask somebody for sex in certain circumstances?  Again the basis of these claims is that his status is what created intimidation, not that he pressured them, not that there was coercion, simply he is a rich athlete therefore I couldn't say no.  I have a huge problem with that legally speaking.

I don't think that's what anybody is alleging

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol. Well, we were  having a decent conversation.😄

People breaking down Watson asking how this could happen not remembering that Tyreke Hill is still playing in the league.

Remember him? The guy who was punching his own 3 year old and screaming at him while also being a domestic abuser as well? Haven't heard anybody mention a word about that in 2-3 years.

Edited by AkronsWitness

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are there actually people who believe Watson didnt do something at least a little wrong? The dude apologized after one of the 22 accusers felt upset... No normal person has 22 accusers, much less one that you are apologizing too. 

The guy is a skeevy perv. He is gross. That doesnt mean all browns (or Texans) fans are gross, or they cant root for their childhood team. It just means that the team thinks it improved and maybe a terrible person is going to win some games for you. 

From what ET posted and other stuff I have read, definitely inappropriate. Came away thinking, he appears to be a big weirdo and creepy. Far from normal behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im going to try and be the voice of reason here and say, this conversation is dicey and you are very clearly on the verge of saying something not super appropriate. 

Even if he is using to the web to find workers of the night, its still not a great look. Find some groupies that will rub your back and tingle your neathers for much less than a lawsuit and being accused as a rapey scumbag

The morality of doing it is certainly debatable, but I try to separate my legal thoughts from my moral thoughts.  Wouldn't shock me if agents or advisors encouraged him to seek women of the night vs groupies bc one would think groupies would be more likely to cause a problem.  But I want to make clear I am in no way saying what Watson did was right, and consent can be revoked anytime during the act, however you dont get to decide months later that you in fact did not consent.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

People breaking down Watson asking how this could happen not remembering that Tyreke Hill is still playing in the league.

Remember him? The guy who was hitting his own 3 year old and screaming at him while also being a domestic abuser as well?

Doesn't surprise me at all. Michael Vick committed legitimate atrocities and still got to play.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Remember him? The guy who was punching his own 3 year old and screaming at him while also being a domestic abuser as well? Haven't heard anybody mention a word about that in 2-3 years.

People bring up Hill's baggage like.... constantly lol. What is your point here?

The is everyone that just entered this thread.  

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111bc987a8dd16564b27

Still it is nuts he got a $48 million dollar raise and the largest guaranteed deal in NFL history after all this.  And in no way is he emotionally, competitively or spiritually not affected by this and ultimately it is going to change how he plays.  Maybe he will come back awesome but I cannot see how this would not affecting him especially considering he probably did most of what he is accused of doing.  

He came into the league motivated to prove everyone wrong in that he should not have dropped in the draft like he did.  He already had some emotional issues on the sidelines, complaining, getting upset and losing his cool.  His best season as a pro statistically they were 4-12.  Going to one of the most talented rosters in the NFL but they have to massively improve that DL.  The OL is solid but Willis has kind of disappointed, Conklin coming off an injury and a new center.  Sure got Cooper but he could arguably be on the decline and got two great backs but they get hurt a lot.  Will see how good of coach Stefanski is that is for sure.  

It is an organization though that had a guy signed at DT last year who (while on drugs I assume) was naked outside a daycare so I guess Watson seems like an awesome dude compared to that.  

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Remember him? The guy who was hitting his own 3 year old and screaming at him while also being a domestic abuser as well?

Ah ****, you done summoned every Chiefs fan on this site to come cry, defend him, and say he's innocent bc he wasn't found guilty in a court of law....... the second time 

This is your warning. Be prepared

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't think that's what anybody is alleging

If you read the legal briefing, that is the basis of the claim.  That bc of the power discrepancy (which again has no basis in law) they were not able to say bc they were intimidated by his status as a rich popular athlete, and therefore could not legally give consent.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Michael Vick committed legitimate atrocities and still got to play.

Vick went to prison, apologized for his crimes, and became an advocate for animals. You can hate what Vick did and not like him because of it, but Vick at least owned his crimes and tried to make up for them.

Watson denied everything and after he wasn't convicted said something about the truth setting him free.... These cases are not comparable.

• Like 1

It's at least a little suspicious that all 22 people suing Watson are using the same lawyer. That makes it look like he recruited them. The argument has been made that they couldn't all be lying, but if they were all independent of each other, you'd think there would be more lawyers involved, maybe a dozen or more.

Edited by sparky151