Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

13 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Idk why Baker hasn’t been better.  He’s smart/tough enough and I thought his arm talent was really impressive his rookie season.  With that running game it just doesn’t make sense that he’s closer to mediocre than great. 

He’s short, not athletic, and struggles with the mental side of the game.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Idk why Baker hasn’t been better.  He’s smart/tough enough and I thought his arm talent was really impressive his rookie season.  With that running game it just doesn’t make sense that he’s closer to mediocre than great. 

He is a scheme dependent QB and thats why he will never be elite.

Guys like Allen Rodgers Mahomes Burrow Herbert Wilson Stafford are all talented enough to post exceptional numbers in any system or style. Baker has to have a offense built around him.

While he still has arm talent, he also has major holes and deficiencies of things he cannot do that hurts the team. Mainly, he can't read a defense pre-snap, it's easy to force him intot urnovers by disguising and his footwork/fundamentals are undisciplined.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s short, not athletic, and struggles with the mental side of the game.

Basically this. He can't see the field/read a defense at a high level and he cannot play off script at all. If his first read/designed play is open and he has time, he looks great. If the play isn't there/there's pressure/he needs to adjust, its all over the place. He's very Goff-esque in that way. He likes to scramble (which he's no great at,though not terrible) so people overrated his ability to playmake. Also, despite all the controvery, the "they need an adult" comment wasn't a smokescreen. Baker is quite immature and the lack of teammakes who have publicly defended Baker alludes to that (even Goff got some solid support though the they knew he wasn't the guy).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JetsCrash said:

Seattle for two mid-round picks. 

He’s a good hold the fort guy, but Seattle has lost so many pieces at this point. Indy should be the answer, although I think they make a play for Ryan if feasible. 

Just now, WheatieMan said:

He’s a good hold the fort guy, but Seattle has lost so many pieces at this point. Indy should be the answer, although I think they make a play for Ryan if feasible. 

Ryan is not going anywhere; he will be in Atlanta. I think that Indy will get Jimmy G. 

14 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

The problem is that Baker is quite possibly just a slightly younger version of the guy that they just jettisoned. 

It'd be so weird to move on from Wentz just to acquire Baker .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Does anybody else find it wild that Watson is actually younger than Mayfield? I certainly do lol I thought he would be 1-2 years older.

It's just one of those things you don't really think about until it's brought up. Like Burrow being like 7 months younger than Josh Allen or Mac Jones only being a year younger than Sam Darnold 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is that Baker is quite possibly just a slightly younger version of the guy that they just jettisoned. 

It'd be so weird to move on from Wentz just to acquire Baker .

If they did, I think that would be a super damning indictment on Wentz, to be honest.

Like, that would probably sell me on the idea that he's a terrible teammate or a locker room cancer / whatever.

edit - theres smoke there now, just saying that would just give it a TON of credence imo

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's just one of those things you don't really think about until it's brought up. Like Burrow being like 7 months younger than Josh Allen or Mac Jones only being a year younger than Sam Darnold 

Kelce is only 5 months younger than Gronk. It seems like it should be 5 years.

Kelce entered the league at 24 and did not do much as a rookie. Gronk was 21 and had 10 TDs as a rookie so we were aware of him right away. 

Baker is really in no position to dictate where he wants to go. Frankly very few teams are considering him. I think Indy just got rids of older Baker, and the Seahawks dont want to waste picks then worry about negotiating with him next year. Is anyone else interested in the slightest? My thought is that he may get released. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SHONUFF said:

Baker is really in no position to dictate where he wants to go. Frankly very few teams are considering him. I think Indy just got rids of older Baker, and the Seahawks dont want to waste picks then worry about negotiating with him next year. Is anyone else interested in the slightest? My thought is that he may get released. 

Panthers? I feel like SEA/CAR are both in rebuilding mode and could easily take a 1 yr. flier on Baker.

He's the type of risk/reward QB that both of those franchises could gamble on for 1 season. Especially Seattle since they just got a boat load of picks from the Wilson trade. 

Edited by AkronsWitness