Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Colts would be a great spot for him. The Saints would have been a great spot if Sean Payton hadn't retired.

Seattle could be a solid place if they go heavy run with deep shots. Offensive line has to be better most likely

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seattle could be a solid place if they go heavy run with deep shots. Offensive line has to be better most likely

Four games per year against the Rams and 49ers? That's just mean.

• Like 1

I don't think Baker is a great fit in Indy. You have to be a really smart QB in that system. Much better fit in Carrol's ground and pound system while taking some deep shots being set up by the run. He can probably thrive in that system... and has Metcalf and Lockett. 

Seattle is my bet where he goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Colts would be a great spot for him. The Saints would have been a great spot if Sean Payton hadn't retired.

I agree the Colts make sense. Mayfield has never been horrid. His YPA has been 7.7, 7.2, 7.3, 7.2. Contrast to Wentz who was 6.7 and 6.0 in the two seasons prior to the Colts acquiring him, and then rose somewhat to a still pathetic 6.9 in Indianapolis. 

Edited by Awsi Dooger

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for compensation... I think a team would be crazy to give up a 1st for Baker. A 2nd and 3rd would suffice. 

Even a 2 seems steep, remember this his 5th year (the 5th year option having been exercised) he's a FA in 2023 so you'd need to sign him to an extension and QB money is never cheep.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Even a 2 seems steep, remember this his 5th year (the 5th year option having been exercised) he's a FA in 2023 so you'd need to sign him to an extension and QB money is never cheep.

Yeah I was gonna say 3rd and 4th before I actually clicked the thread, then saw people saying way higher and upped it to a 2nd and 3rd. I would not be surprised at at all if he went for a 3rd + a 4th or 5th. 

I feel like people are way underestimating the price on Mayfield. Second round value is the floor imo. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns get first round value or a condition that makes a first round pick likely in the trade. We're still talking about a former #1 overall QB who has put together a couple good years, isn't yet in his prime, and has a relatively affordable contract this year.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I feel like people are way underestimating the price on Mayfield. Second round value is the floor imo. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns get first round value or a condition that makes a first round pick likely in the trade. We're still talking about a former #1 overall QB who has put together a couple good years, isn't yet in his prime, and has a relatively affordable contract this year.

No one is trading a 1st for Baker, especially without a long term contract in place. Since I can't see anyone wanting to pay him $40M a season coming off his injury, getting a 1st is highly unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No one is trading a 1st for Baker, especially without a long term contract in place. Since I can't see anyone wanting to pay him $40M a season coming off his injury, getting a 1st is highly unlikely. 

Somebody traded a first for Wentz last offseason. Remember when somebody traded your team a first for Sam Bradford? Remember when Jimmy G. got traded after a handful of starts for a high second round pick? Remember when Sam Darnold, a bust, got traded for second, fourth, and sixth round picks? Remember when Alex Smith got traded for two second round picks (including the #34 pick)? Remember when the Bengals traded Carson Palmer to the Raiders for a first and a second round pick? Never underestimate QB desperation.