Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It depends on who is willing to take that 1 year 18.5 mil deal? Unless Browns are willing to eat most of the cap in order to move him I dont see any one running to the phones to make the move. You have Carolina paying Darnold the same amount this year, and you have seattle paying wilson's dead cap of 26 mil while bringing in lock. Not saying Lock is better just seems financially feasible to roll with him and a rookie at this point and starting fresh. Who else is out there that would be interested in paying that money? Houston didnt want him in the package those are really it. 

You realize I just said the Browns were losing that pick right?

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah...definitely going to have to amend my expectations on what I thought he would get in a trade after todays fun. 

Ryan and Baker entering the retread pool of available QB’s and PIT choosing to go with Trubisky really changed the calculus.   Now there are fewer empty chairs than available QB’s.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You realize I just said the Browns were losing that pick right?

I understand they are losing a pick in your scenario but at the same time who is going to pay him 18.5 mil I think that is the issue more so then the draft. It may have to come down in which the browns are paying some if not most of his salary to be on a different team. Its not ideal for Browns but may have to flat out cut him and let him find a new team to sign with on the cheap and go the prove it route.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol if true 

I KNEW IT

59 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I understand they are losing a pick in your scenario but at the same time who is going to pay him 18.5 mil I think that is the issue more so then the draft. It may have to come down in which the browns are paying some if not most of his salary to be on a different team. Its not ideal for Browns but may have to flat out cut him and let him find a new team to sign with on the cheap and go the prove it route.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I mean the 18.5 mil is a decent number, however the teams the could use him (SEA, DET, CAR) I dont think are exactly cash strapped. They are all rebuilding teams who aren't paying anybody 25+M and they could all easily take him on. Who else are those teams going to spend money on?

Plus it's only for 1 year. You rent him for 1 year then he's off the books.

Not sure why teams are so concerned over 18M for a QB for 1 season 

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

dont see why any team would make a trade for him at this point. Browns going to have to eat his cap and let him start fresh on the open market. 

Hold onto him until somebody's starting QB gets inevitably injured and comes calling.

Either that or wait until Drew Lock throws his 4th interception in the preseason.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, SHONUFF said:

The Browns might have to pay someone to take Baker Mayfield? 😂

When those spots got filled today, that was about worst case scenario for Cleveland. More so than the niners because at some point, the niners can just cut Jimmy if they want. The Browns can't do that. Baker's money is fully guaranteed, so if htey cut him, they still have to pay him lol 

Teams kind of have Cleveland over a barrel now 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

When those spots got filled today, that was about worst case scenario for Cleveland. More so than the niners because at some point, the niners can just cut Jimmy if they want. The Browns can't do that. Baker's money is fully guaranteed, so if htey cut him, they still have to pay him lol 

Teams kind of have Cleveland over a barrel now 

The only thing keeping Baker does is keep us from signing Clowney.

We will be able to sign our rookies due to releasing Hooper.