Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

In 4 days we have gone from how the Browns should move on from Baker because he sucks 

to

LOL Browns gonna Brown they ostracized a franchise quarterback when reports came out they weren’t getting Watson

to

the Browns got Watson

to

nobody wanted Baker after all.

I love NFL News and NFL General 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

dont see why any team would make a trade for him at this point. Browns going to have to eat his cap and let him start fresh on the open market. 

Nah, they could probably trade him and a 5 for a 6

I don't blame Baker for wanting out. Matt Ryan is one of the most professional guys in the NFL and even he also wanted out after his team made a full court press for Watson. And that "adult in the room" comment that someone in the Browns FO fed to Mort was unnecessary too. 

I think Baker makes sense for a team like the Seahawks as a potential reclamation project. The draft class is weak and he's shown some upside so he's worth a flyer for the Hawks, but not sure of the value as they're not really competing with anyone else for his services. The Panthers went the reclamation route last year so they'll probably try something different, the Falcons are likely to sign Mariota as a 2022 stopgap, and there's no other obvious QB need at the moment. Maybe a mid round pick or a average starter

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

All the teams needing QB are swiping left on Baker today.   😳

Jimmy G is literally the least desirable option this offseason lol. 

Although unlike Baker, his contract is more manageable. Has a $7.5 million injury guarantee if we cut him, but that can be offset by the amount another team signs him for. Once he passes a physical i think the dead cap of a release or trade $1.5 million, but there's $25 mil in savings. However, he's no obvious candidate to start anywhere at this point. At least Baker makes some sense for the Seahawks

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Jimmy G is literally the least desirable option this offseason lol. 

Although unlike Baker, his contract is more manageable. Has a $7.5 million injury guarantee if we cut him, but that can be offset by the amount another team signs him for. Once he passes a physical i think the dead cap of a release or trade $1.5 million, but there's $25 mil in savings. However, he's no obvious candidate to start anywhere at this point. At least Baker makes some sense for the Seahawks

Sure but JimmyG also has 1 year left and coming off shoulder surgery on his throwing arm and can’t get cleared until May / June.   At least his reasons kinda make sense.  This is all about Baker. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nah, they could probably trade him and a 5 for a 6

It depends on who is willing to take that 1 year 18.5 mil deal? Unless Browns are willing to eat most of the cap in order to move him I dont see any one running to the phones to make the move. You have Carolina paying Darnold the same amount this year, and you have seattle paying wilson's dead cap of 26 mil while bringing in lock. Not saying Lock is better just seems financially feasible to roll with him and a rookie at this point and starting fresh. Who else is out there that would be interested in paying that money? Houston didnt want him in the package those are really it.