Rams closing in on extension for QB Matthew Stafford

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Too much. Dude said he didn’t care about the money! I feel lied to 😂 

Still going to help sign even more FAs or bring some more players back. He was due 23M this coming season and now it’ll be less. If they can get AD done as well it’ll be even more. If they get that done and also trade woods before tomorrow then they’re definitely about to make a splash somewhere 

27 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Lol no…. Kirk is no where near Stafford 

Yeah, Kirk was actually carrying bad teams. Stafford had to be traded to a super team to win. Not the same at all.

The two are closer than you make it sound. Though I would agree that Matt has a more live arm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

9 is close to $400 million in total earnings.

Crazy.

The one that always gets me with career earnings is Eli. I watched the majority of his games. He wasnt even top 15 most of them. And then I look it up to see at one point he was literally the highest career earner ever. I think he ended like #3 behind Brady and Peyton. But what a list to be on for a guy that looks like a mouth breather. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The one that always gets me with career earnings is Eli. I watched the majority of his games. He wasnt even top 15 most of them. And then I look it up to see at one point he was literally the highest career earner ever. I think he ended like #3 behind Brady and Peyton. But what a list to be on for a guy that looks like a mouth breather. 

He is a Manning. He was the QB in NY for 16 years. He won 2 SBs. He was MVP of both games. He was also a #1 overall pick before the Sam Bradford Rookie Cap. (Sammy Sleeves was the last)

He won the first one in year 4 (going into year 5) and the second in year 8 (going into year 9)

QB Playoff win % at Lambeau

• Starr 1.000
  • Favre 0.727
  • Eli Manning 0.667
  • Rodgers 0.556

Are you complaining that they should have got rid of him in year 14 instead of 16?

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, Kirk was actually carrying bad teams. Stafford had to be traded to a super team to win. Not the same at all.

The two are closer than you make it sound. Though I would agree that Matt has a more live arm. 

Not just live arm. Stafford can play out of structure when things go wrong, and he’s willing to be aggressive. Cousins believes in sticking to the process to his own detriment. This article breaks it down pretty well.

31 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He is a Manning. He was the QB in NY for 16 years. He won 2 SBs. He was MVP of both games. He was also a #1 overall pick before the Sam Bradford Rookie Cap. (Sammy Sleeves was the last)

He won the first one in year 4 (going into year 5) and the second in year 8 (going into year 9)

QB Playoff win % at Lambeau

• Starr 1.000
  • Favre 0.727
  • Eli Manning 0.667
  • Rodgers 0.556

Are you complaining that they should have got rid of him in year 14 instead of 16?

Nope. He got what he got, and even though its weird, good to him 

But he was also regularly the 3rd best QB in a 4 team division.... so its weird.