2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I love it it's fantastic 

LOL. Outside a 3 game set with STL and the upcoming 3 game set against TOR - BOS's played nobody but losers the entire month of June and they're still 11 games back. Impressive.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL. Outside a 3 game set with STL and the upcoming 3 game set against TOR - BOS's played nobody but losers the entire month of June and they're still 11 games back. Impressive.

18-4 in June and have picked up half a game. Ouch.

Idk how someone can hate this Yankees team, outside of Chapman and Donaldson. they are fun. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ahh so now we are the ones playing bad teams. Got it. Yankee fans are so defensive and sensitive everywhere it seems. 

The leaders in May and June world titles every year. Must still be sour over Kermit Coles blunders in Fenway

Edited by BullsandBroncos

There’s something so beautifully cathartic about watching a grown man throw a full blown temper tantrum post ejection, whether it’s a bucket of gum and seeds onto the field, the first base bag into the outfield, kicking dirt all over home plate, throwing bats onto the field…

Just watched video of the Mariners-Angels incident.

Did any of you know that MLB changed umpire rules/mechanics and now require the umps to get together after warnings to determine if someone should be ejected? That is why Wantz wasn't immediately ejected after hitting Winker. I get why but that is easily going to result in more of this. The ejection can dampen emotions a bit, but there isn't any time to actually do that before everything kicks off now.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

Did any of you know that MLB changed umpire rules/mechanics and now require the umps to get together after warnings to determine if someone should be ejected? That is why Wantz wasn't immediately ejected after hitting Winker. I get why but that is easily going to result in more of this. The ejection can dampen emotions a bit, but there isn't any time to actually do that before everything kicks off now.

Yup its a dumb rule that will definitely lead to more fights. First thing I was wondering about. Umpire already warned both teams, why wasn't pitcher ejected immediately. If umpire steps in front of plate and ejects pitcher I don't think Winkler begins walking towards angels dugout. Oh welp. 

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

The umps had zero control over the game. It’s also laughable that they were caught off guard at the pitch that was thrown behind Rodriguez.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

I understand the theory of the rule, because you could issue warnings, then some totally random pitcher misses one single pitch and suddenly he's immediately ejected.

Now, in this case it was OBVIOUS from the jump what Nevin and the Angels were doing and it should've been an instant ejection, but apparently these umpires are the dumbest idiots on the planet and had no idea any drama was brewing before this game. How that's possible, I have no idea.

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

What’s also funny is that Suarez was supposed to start the game, but Wantz, a reliever was added instead. The intent from the Angels is so clear it’s laughable. 

After watching the Jomboy breakdown, Wantz literally admits he was told to hit him [Winker]. Nevin should get the book thrown at him.

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I understand the theory of the rule, because you could issue warnings, then some totally random pitcher misses one single pitch and suddenly he's immediately ejected.

Now, in this case it was OBVIOUS from the jump what Nevin and the Angels were doing and it should've been an instant ejection, but apparently these umpires are the dumbest idiots on the planet and had no idea any drama was brewing before this game. How that's possible, I have no idea

1. They can't instant eject anymore that's why I'm saying

2. Umpires can't follow every little thing that is happening between teams, they get notices before every game of any problems. If they didn't get a notice that is on MLB

3. What would it have changed anyway. They gave the warning immediately after the Rodriguez pitch. They didn't allow retaliation anyway. Angels were gonna do what they were gonna do. There is nothing the umpires could have done to stop what happened. Hell Winker was almost going to first until Rendon started barking, so I don't know how you can blame the umpires for this one. It was purely on the two teams losing their ish

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Cardinals, Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers. Doesn't matter how fun they are or who they have, I'll unabashedly despise them.

Now, now.....dont be that way. I'm rooting for the Brew Crew...today at least...and I promise to think about them more often :)