2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

11 hours ago, mission27 said:

Except they have multiple players who are automatic outs, at least Gallo is gone but Hicks is still here and there's been zero production from the catcher spot for the past two months.  

The cleanup hitter has 47 RBIs this season and an OPS below .700

When Rizzo, Giancarlo, and Carpenter were healthy and mashing it was fine but that's the problem, they built the entire offense around a few guys in their mid-30s (and got lucky with Carpenter), injuries happen 

If Judge wasn't having an all-time season they'd be in second place right now 

Zero offensive production from half your lineup isn't going to cut it for a team that wants to win a WS

I don’t agree in terms of catcher. Having a productive offensive catcher is far and few between these days, and i don’t think Trevino has been the problem, especially when you consider defense.

The black holes on this team are IKF, Hicks, and Gonzalez with Donaldson not too far behind. None of them should be on the the team IMO. 

Why hasn’t Peraza been called up? It’s not even a service time issue at this point. He’s mashing in AAA and we have a nonexistent offense in the MLB.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Does that effectively end his career?  I can't recall any pitcher have two TJS and coming back to pitch effectively.

I had to look it up. Clevinger, Evoladi had two. The article said that most of the guys weren't nearly as good because they were already in their 30s when it happened a second time. It will be a new look for Walker when coming back. Hopefully he does well. Injuries suck.