2022 Academy Awards

Broncofan

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I didnt hear about this until now and looked at the video and I couldnt help but think that punch looked fake as heck

It doesn’t matter about the punch so much, it’s the fact that Will screamed the F word in a big audience on the day he won his first Oscar. Why would he want to look like a fool on his big night. Chris even stuttered after getting slapped, he said “and the documentary for best Oscar” or something along those lines. Chris even muttered “or I could” and he wanted to retaliate but he was the bigger man. I thought it was fake as well, but all the surrounding pieces make it seem like it was authentic

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Also Brian Regan, Maria Bamford, Jim Jeffries, Jim gaffigan, Mike Birbiglia, Bo Burnham, Bill Burr, John Mulaney, Neil Hamburger, Tig Notaro, Fred Armisen, Eugene Mirman, Margaret Cho

The point isn't that you have to like all of them that were listed. The point is that there are a lot of options to find people to make you laugh.

There's always been great comedians and hack comedians in every time period.

And it's regardless of what people claim cancel culture is.

Mitch Hedberg could do the exact same set today as he could back then. Al Bundy is basically an archie bunker. Some comedians change their act because times change and people grow. Shouldnt be something to complain about too much.

Which other standup comedians were more solid than the ones right now? (Not saying you are specifically wrong....since Norm and Mitch hedburg are gone, there went two of my favorites, but there's always something funny to watch/listen to if you look for it)

In the last 5-7 years, I've noticed acts seemingly walking on eggshells and not being like what they used to. Maybe it's a personal thing and nothing more but I just found acts to be not as good for whatever reason and I stopped watching them more as a result. Seeing what I saw last night leads me to believe it will only get worse, in my eyes. We can just disagree as I probably shouldn't have started the discussion knowing the path it could go down. That's an error on my part.

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Is there really a debate? Will is an insecure loser who let's people half his age bang his wife, can't take a joke, and then preaches he's about love and being a protector. Dude didn't even understand the line Denzel told him that he quoted. Defending him is a losing take.

Yes the "devil made me do it" line was in particular cringeworthy. Also the "Love makes you do some crazy things". A whole lot of people in jail because of the same logic. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Thats sexist bro.

No it’s not. Women are scientifically more sensitive than men. It’s called estrogen buddy. Literally science. 

Wanna do an experiment on yourself? Gain 40lbs of fat and you’ll start being super sensitive and crying over every movie. Considering fat increases estrogen. 

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Nonsense.  Standup comedy is as good as ever.  Dave Chappelle, Tom Segura, Anthony Jeselnik, Sebastian Maniscalco, Jerry Seinfeld, Patton Oswalt, Aziz Ansari, David Spade, Christina P, Brian Simpson and many more. 

You do realize people tried to cance Dave right? I think his point is people need to stop getting sensitive about comedy, it’s always been a no holds barred atmosphere. Change that and comedy dies. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Hopefully this doesn't start a trend of copycat incidents against comedians. The amount of people still defending Will is embarrassing. 

Agreed. Not sure how anyone can defend Will. And many comedians on Twitter were not happy. Will’s actions going unpunished basically may enable others to walk up stage if they are sensitive to a joke. A horrible precedent to set in comedy. 

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was with you until this little nugget.

And what’s wrong with it? Fat cells overwhelmingly produce estrogen at a rapid rate. I was once overweight and cried over every sad scene, but got in shape ten years ago and have never really cried at a sad scene again. I know many guys in the same boat. It’s literally science bro. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

And what’s wrong with it? Fat cells overwhelmingly produce estrogen at a rapid rate. I was once overweight and cried over every sad scene, but got in shape ten years ago and have never really cried at a sad scene again. I know many guys in the same boat. It’s literally science bro. 

What most likely happened, you were fat and lacked self confidence which made you more sensitive.  After you started working out and got in shape, you gained confidence and didn't look back.  I gained a lot of confidence myself from going to the gym and sticking to it, it what it's there for after all.

Excess fat does bad things for male hormones, but being sensitive and crying or not is a lot more complicated than just a single hormone level, especially when it comes to men.  

9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Absolute donkey-brained take.

You're telling me all the drama she caused by sleeping with August Alsina wasn't the issue? Please. This was years of frustration that boiled over and him compensating for being the good little husband the last couple years.

• Like 8

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

What most likely happened, you were fat and lacked self confidence which made you more sensitive.  After you started working out and got in shape, you gained confidence and didn't look back.  I gained a lot of confidence myself from going to the gym and sticking to it, it what it's there for after all.

Excess fat does bad things for male hormones, but being sensitive and crying or not is a lot more complicated than just a single hormone level, especially when it comes to men.  

I will largely disagree with you here. I’m talking about sad scenes in movies for crying out loud, not confidence levels. The urge to cry and be sensitive when your estrogen levels are high is high. The urge to cry and be sensitive when your estrogen is low and testosterone is high is low. 

Simple stuff. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I will largely disagree with you here. I’m talking about sad scenes in movies for crying out loud, not confidence levels. The urge to cry and be sensitive when your estrogen levels are high is high. The urge to cry and be sensitive when your estrogen is low and testosterone is high is low. 

Simple stuff. 

I've had bottomed out test and sky high estrogen,  which is worse than what 40 lbs of fat is gonna do to anybody.  I didn't cry at movies.  I know plenty of other fat people that don't cry at movies.

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I didn't cry at movies.  I know plenty of other fat people that don't cry at movies.

Tell me you haven't watched Bojack Horseman without telling me you haven't watched Bojack Horseman

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I've had bottomed out test and sky high estrogen,  which is worse than what 40 lbs of fat is gonna do to anybody.  I didn't cry at movies.  I know plenty of other fat people that don't cry at movies.

Well if you have Bottomed our Test, usually your energy is near zero… and you feel completely lethargic. So that’s another thing to consider.

But yeah, I think we both made our points. Original point being women are naturally more sensitive than men due to hormones, which is true. And the latter part of my post being unnecessary to the overall point. And I didn’t think the comment was sexist because of that.