Which Head Coach do you think is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

McDaniels, Hackett and Staley will be under a TON of pressure. McDaniels is already a failed HC. Hackett inherits a top 5 D and now has a great QB. Staley has Herbert.

If any finish below .500 they won't be fired right away, but these guys all have a ton of pressure on them.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, Shanedorf said:

Given the choice between keeping Slippery Pete or Nanobubble boy...the Seahawks retained Pete Carroll.
He's not going anywhere and his seat is as comfy as can be in this league

And since Jerry is now jacking up the over-priced tickets in Dallas by 20 %, the pressure is even higher on McCarthy to deliver a Title.
(Or maybe that's just to cover the escalating legal fees)

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article260023085.html

Yeah, Carroll isn't going anywhere. Seattle has an absent owner that doesn't care about football and Carroll is ahead of John Schneider in the chain of command. They chose the 70 year old HC with increasingly more perplexing decisions by the year and even gave him a 5 year extension in 2020. Unless a major scandal comes to light, or the Seahawks get sold -- I don't see him going anywhere. I think he has at least 2 or 3 seasons of losing before he is fired. The only thing that could happen is a health scare or he decides retirement. Carroll has the most comfortable seat in the NFL, it isn't even warm at this point -- it's ice cold. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, Shanedorf said:

Given the choice between keeping Slippery Pete or Nanobubble boy...the Seahawks retained Pete Carroll.
He's not going anywhere and his seat is as comfy as can be in this league

And since Jerry is now jacking up the over-priced tickets in Dallas by 20 %, the pressure is even higher on McCarthy to deliver a Title.
(Or maybe that's just to cover the escalating legal fees)

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article260023085.html

This is how I see it. You don't give Pete the vote of confidence and let him be in charge of the franchise's future and then get cold feet after a year. Especially since the deed was done. You can't reverse course and get Russ back

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Brady will bail Todd out

It's Rhule. 

I was just thinking about that. 

There's definitely "pressure" on Bowles to perform, but he steps into a gravy pot of a situation with Leftwich being retained and internal promotions on D, Brady, and a generally well put together roster in a weak division. 

If he flopped, he'd obviously be shown the door. But the likelihood of that is like .000001% given the circumstances. 

On 4/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, Forge said:

I think it's definitely McCarthy with Sean Payton just chilling out there. The only way he's not under pressure is if he's resigned himself to already getting fired lol 

Good call I didn't really even think about. 

Payton will eventually be available, probably get bored with broadcasting, and has Dallas ties. 

McCarthy never felt like a long term hire, I was amazed he lasted through his first year (though injuries did him no favors). The NFCE should be Dallas' for the taking and they have the parts for a solid run- weapons, OL, solid D, wunderkind OC, etc. 

I don't know what a "disappointment" per se would be for Dallas, but I'd bet the bar is fairly high. Not meeting or exceeding it, you know the rumbles will inevitably start up. 

On 4/3/2022 at 9:35 AM, Pugger said:

Todd Bowles might be under scrutiny this year taking over for Arians.   

No if the Bucs fail its all on Brady imo. Most people think and I do too that it was either Arians or Brady. Obviously we know it was Arians bc he stepped away from coaching. Brady won. Bowles is technically the coach but we know Brady is truly the guy. He is like LeBron in a sense of yes Vogel or whomever the coach is for a LeBron team is the coach but its really all about LeBron. If things arent right then coach is the one who is getting all of the blame. The fact that Brady wasnt too pleased by how this past season went for the Bucs set everything in motion.

Speculations that Brady retired bc he didnt want to deal with Arians anymore and wanted to go to SF to play for Kyle or team up with Payton in Miami. Then when none of that happened, Brady definitely had no plans on retiring so he came back to the Bucs but again its clear he didnt want to play for Arians if he could help it. Even Arians was taking shots at Brady saying things like the success of the Bucs isnt all Brady. Other players played a big role in the success. So yeah I think if the Bucs fail it wont be on Bowles it will be on Brady just bc the Bucs chose him over Arians basically when it came to Arians staying the HC or Brady as the main guy really running the show. 

• Like 1

A little bit off the wall here....but I'll submit a vote for Kyle Shannahan.

It's been 3 years since that SB appearance and they have yet to really regain form. He is currently sporting a losing record as a head coach of the 49ers.

If things get rocky with Lance early in his career, I don't think his job will be particularly safe.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 4/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, HolmesPriest said:

Andy Ried... we keep getting close but the play calling needs.to be run better... like running the ball.

Or Mahomes can throw it to the guys that are wide open in front of him. Its Not like hes making 500 mill or anything