49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

I invite everyone to vote in the Rocky poll for which one @adamq has to watch, especially for those who don't frequent the entertainment forum. 

I can't let Adam off the hook...knowing he hasn't seen any of the Rocky's just makes me sad, so I have to push this. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

If you guys don't mind subtitles (or just know korean) but Physical:100 has been fairly entertaining for me on Netflix. Maybe everyone got there subs scrapped though lol.

Don't mind them at all. The GF and I saw the preview when we finish The Glory on Netflix and we were interested

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Don't mind them at all. The GF and I saw the preview when we finish The Glory on Netflix and we were interested

It's kind of squid game meets reality competition. You can really get a sense of how different our cultures are.

• Like 1

Anyone got any recommendations as far as a series go for these long boring periods? I prefer to laugh fwiw.  Here are some of my faves for comparison sake. Chuck, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, several seasons of Bones, House. Dexter was very good for me but it took me a while to warm up to that one, darker/horror isn't really my thing.

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Anyone got any recommendations as far as a series go for these long boring periods? I prefer to laugh fwiw.  Here are some of my faves for comparison sake. Chuck, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, several seasons of Bones, House. Dexter was very good for me but it took me a while to warm up to that one, darker/horror isn't really my thing.

Depending on the kind of humor you like, you can checkout - It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I Think You Should Leave (Netflix) is A+++ sketch show. Nathan for You is also fantastic.

Fargo is one of my favorite shows ever.. Coen Brothers so there is some comedy in it, but it's a drama and each season is a new story.

Baskets is up there for me too.. Zach Galifianakis and Louie Anderson act their $$#es off. Usually hilarious, somethings super depressing

Some others, King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers, Arrested Development, Santa Clarita Diet (cancelled too soon though), Atlanta, Comic Book Men

If you have Amazon and like cars, Grand Tour is another great one 

I did actually start it's always sunny at one point... might do that again. 

Fargo... let's say in the Fargo area it's not too well looked upon lol, the accent is not accurate. But I can give it a shot, I know Steve Buscemi is in it and he is fantastic.

Baskets sound interesting. Fyi Adam I think Clarkson farm is new next week. I think you liked that with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

I did actually start it's always sunny at one point... might do that again. 

Fargo... let's say in the Fargo area it's not too well looked upon lol, the accent is not accurate. But I can give it a shot, I know Steve Buscemi is in it and he is fantastic.

Baskets sound interesting. Fyi Adam I think Clarkson farm is new next week. I think you liked that with me.

Awesome I was hoping they would do a second season, forgot it was you who recommended that!

Fargo the TV show actually doesn't have Buscemi, season 1 is kind of a new take on that story. 1 has Billy Bob, Martin Freeman, Collin Hanks, Odenkirk and others. 

Edited by adamq

10 hours ago, adamq said:

Awesome I was hoping they would do a second season, forgot it was you who recommended that!

Fargo the TV show actually doesn't have Buscemi, season 1 is kind of a new take on that story. 1 has Billy Bob, Martin Freeman, Collin Hanks, Odenkirk and others. 

Lol, well I do like those actors too