Madden Style "SkyCam" to be primary camera angle, Titans vs Steelers Nov 16th

Dome

2 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Great for replays and run plays.  Otherwise it's annoying.

I don't know how it's not better for pass plays. You literally can't see DB's and WR's after 5 yards on their routes, and that's not taking into account if the QB drops back and the camera follows him. You might not even see past the line of scrimmage on a pass. 

I'm skeptical but willing to give it a chance. Not that I wouldn't watch a Steelers game because of the camera angle anyways. Biggest thing will be getting use to it. I'm hopeful we also get a dose of this angle from the defensive perspective. 

One thing I noticed with that Cam (and A22) is that Zone looks a lot easier to pass on. Maybe that's because I was watching Brady and Ryan, but just seemed the QB was in total control over what was about to happen. Like he was saying "just going to wait for you to emerge...into that gap...and here go......bang. 10 yards".

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Isn't this angle the ones coaches use and opponents when they are scouting another team?  

I'm sure they utilitze all of the ones they have access to some degree. All-22 has it's uses but you lose some details like handfighting between DBs.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I'm sure they utilitze all of the ones they have access to some degree. All-22 has it's uses but you lose some details like handfighting between DBs.

Will they not also utilize the side camera they usually employ next Thursday night?

On 11/10/2017 at 4:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

One thing I noticed with that Cam (and A22) is that Zone looks a lot easier to pass on. Maybe that's because I was watching Brady and Ryan, but just seemed the QB was in total control over what was about to happen. Like he was saying "just going to wait for you to emerge...into that gap...and here go......bang. 10 yards".

I mean because that is the case. Beating zone coverage is as *simple* as getting the ball to the player between the zones defenders are covering. That’s what’s always being referred to when you hear about seams in a defense. 

It’s much more complex when you start getting into what the defense does to try to manipulate what the offense can do. But if the play caller dials up a play that gets a receiver to the correct seam on a coverage, the QB and receiver don’t tip the route, and the defense doesn’t disrupt the timing, beating zone coverage is as *simple* as pitch and catch inside pre-set windows.

Man coverage is much more physical attribute based, whereas zone is much more about the mental aspects of the game.

Archived