Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

SF, don't you dare trade him to Green Bay. Don't you dare.

He'd be used there probably the same. And if Samuel doesn't like the bay area in California, he's going to love Green Bay. :)

Anyway, probably doesn't go anywhere. A lot of young stars these days are pulling this crap before they're even off their rookie deals now. Kind of annoying as a fan to bare witness to, but it's a business.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming out of the backfield and the carries. That stuff will shorten your shelf life. 

The weird thing is that they basically did it out of necessity. All the damn running backs kept getting hurt and they had absolutely no burst (Mitchell is a very solid 1b guy, but he's not explosive at all). 

Off topic, is Mitchell worth a fantasy pick this year?

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt they want to trade him to a team that could beat them in the playoffs. 

I don't think they care even a little about that. Closing off negotiations with 16 teams is just bad business. The only position I think this matters with is QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

If he goes anywhere I could see New England. 

first and third rounder or something. Let him move around the formation. Give Mac a number 1 target. 

I can't see it just because I don't see Bill B paying a receiver in that manner (both in salary and trade compensation). It would make some sense if they did it (though they do have some other holes to fill), but I just can't see Bill doing it. 

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't think they care even a little about that. Closing off negotiations with 16 teams is just bad business. The only position I think this matters with is QB.

You don't close teams off with 16 teams but trading him to another contender seems like bad business. 

I wonder if SFs offer is great looking APY wise and low on the guarantees and that's what is triggering it. I would think that's the issue. Like if they were even closish on negotiations previously, then Deebo saw the new deals and wanted more and they inflated some unguaranteed years and left the real money stagnant that could be a trigger to ask for a trade imo.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I wonder if SFs offer is great looking APY wise and low on the guarantees and that's what is triggering it. I would think that's the issue. Like if they were even closish on negotiations previously, then Deebo saw the new deals and wanted more and they inflated some unguaranteed years and left the real money stagnant that could be a trigger to ask for a trade imo.

This has been a something I've thought about quite a bit because this made the most amount of sense. I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to give DJ Moore guaranteed money (40+), but he's looking for over 60. 

There's a lot of smoke about the various reasons he wants out, but I still think its about money. The 49ers were supposedly budgeting 22-24 based on earlier reports, and there's been a lot of circumstantial stuff that points to him wanting at least 25, so that may be a factor as well. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't see it just because I don't see Bill B paying a receiver in that manner (both in salary and trade compensation). It would make some sense if they did it (though they do have some other holes to fill), but I just can't see Bill doing it. 

Idk that’s one position he does trade for. Because he doesn’t know how to draft it. 

I think he could be a juiced up nasty slot in that offense, but Deebo isn’t getting traded most likely. Unless he get a Tyreek type package. Again they’ve got all the leverage.