Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean...for what like another year? Two?

Yeah year or two maybe more at a diminished level. But I'd still rather pay WR AJ Brown and draft a 3rd-4th round RB than do a Deebo trade. Nothing against Deebo. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thought about it, but I think I'd rather have AJ. He is more of a true WR.  We have a RB. :) 

Deebo has demonstrated he is a true wide receiver as well for what it's worth. Again, the 49ers are the one who chose to deploy him as a running back for the second half of the season out of what I assume was necessity. But his first half was truly elite WR production. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

That might be more a reflection on you than on Deebo

through 8 games in 2021, 49 receptions for 882 yards and 4 TD's

Yeah I admit to not following along what he was doing closely. Just stating my view point. Nothing against him. 

Just saying I didn't see him as an elite WR until late. 

And just for reference or FYI, I don't consider AJ an elite WR. Would take them both. But If I had to choose, I'd pick AJ just based on what I've encountered.  

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hence him showing both increases his value. But at this point it's just semantics.

It doesn't though, Tyreek, Tae and Hopkins are not gadget players, they're legit WR's. Deebo will be paid for his WR skills, the gadget/RB stuff is unpaid risk that could lead to injury.

Would imagine beginning of this month SF and Deebo had every intention of making a deal. Deebo said, if I sign here long-term, I want to be WR1 outside, no more of last year's usage. Shanny probably looked at how they went 9-2 in the games after the switch where their offense was revitalized and wasn't a fan of that idea. Deebo probably thinks there's no way he sees contract #3 with that kind of usage. Thus we ended up here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It doesn't though, Tyreek, Tae and Hopkins are not gadget players, they're legit WR's. Deebo will be paid for his WR skills, the gadget/RB stuff is unpaid risk that could lead to injury.

Would imagine beginning of this month SF and Deebo had every intention of making a deal. Deebo said, if I sign here long-term, I want to be WR1 outside, no more of last year's usage. Shanny probably looked at how they went 9-2 in the games after the switch where their offense was revitalized and wasn't a fan of that idea. Deebo probably thinks there's no way he sees contract #3 with that kind of usage. Thus we ended up here. 

I'd imagine that is what he is against. 
WR's can play well over their 30s.
RB's are put out to pasture by that time. 

Even though his gadget plays brought him some attention, like you said, that's not really part of the job. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So is Deebo, and his stats prove that EVEN DESPITE his role change in week 9.

Are the 49ers refusing to budge on his usage? I'd find it hard to believe they are willing to offer him big money and willing to have him in the backfield less and he still wants a trade.

If so, that's a weird hill to die on and isolate one of your best players with.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nobody is saying he won't be paid like one.

You're really struggling to grasp what Deebo is doing here aren't you? 

Correct, he will be paid like one. By SF, or any other team with cap. He doesn't want to do the gadget stuff anymore, and SF has clearly taken a hardline that it's his role in the offense, so he'd rather be paid by another team who says "go line up out at X/Z and be WR1."