Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I've never heard a raven fan say they was fine at wr before. 

Yeah it's a weird situation to be in but with Bateman, Hollywood and Duvernay/Proche here, we're good.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, but imagine teams trying to tackle Lamar and Deebo. 

We already have teams trying to tackle Bateman, Hollywood, Dobbins and Lamar.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

10.1 targets per game as WR in week's 1-8, 4.9 per game from week 9 on. 

Interesting, was not aware of this. Seems like they put the offense ahead of the player (which any team would) and Deebo is/was not a fan. 

Yep. I said this in the Eagles forum last night.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

And, those RB carries are gonna shorten his career, so I would ask for the moon from the Niners too if they intend on utilizing him in that way.

Can’t blame Deebo one bit.

Jaire Alexander to the 49ers for Samuel and a 3rd round pick.

GB clear space since Alexander is on the 5'th year option.  Gives that money to Samuel instead.

GB trades up for McDuffie or finds a way to draft Dax Hill to play slot corner.

JA missed a ton of time for GB last year, and the defense was actually good without him.  Still have Stokes and Douglas on affordable deals.

Just something interesting to ponder.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can’t blame Deebo one bit.

Really? Not one bit? They used him at RB because they needed to and it maximized his production.

Now, unless the 49ers went to him this offseason and said they're gonna use him like that moving forward, I absolutely can blame him, especially if he says this isn't about money when it clearly is.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really? Not one bit? They used him at RB because they needed to and it maximized his production.

Now, unless the 49ers went to him this offseason and said they're gonna use him like that moving forward, I absolutely can blame him, especially if he says this isn't about money when it clearly is.

Yes, not one bit. If I’m a receiver I don’t want a team using me like a RB. A position that takes a beating with getting hit. We already know how the league treats RBs as far as paying them. 

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I also don’t see how it maximized his production.

Was it in the best interest of the team playing him that way in the second half of the year? Sure. Was it in the best interest of Deebo? Nah.

Edit: As far as them using him that way moving forward. I can’t say what they will or wouldn’t do, but if he stayed quiet I could’ve easily seen them trying to continue utilizing him that way. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jaire Alexander to the 49ers for Samuel and a 3rd round pick.

GB clear space since Alexander is on the 5'th year option.  Gives that money to Samuel instead.

GB trades up for McDuffie or finds a way to draft Dax Hill to play slot corner.

JA missed a ton of time for GB last year, and the defense was actually good without him.  Still have Stokes and Douglas on affordable deals.

Just something interesting to ponder.

Please no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It probably started with the money, but this is because he feels insulted because of the lack of money thrown his way.

9ers probably hardlined a bit too long for his liking.