Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wild. 

He was so much of their offense. 

Cant blame players for trying to max out their leverage.

But that’s the thing. He doesn’t have basically any leverage at all. Is he really going to Risk getting fined and missing game checks. I don’t think he’s made enough money to really go without playing to this point. 

If I’m SF I’m not trading him unless I get a package I want. Just play it out you’ve still got a year plus at least one year on the franchise tag. Maybe 2. You’d have to overpay me to trade him. 

So the idea is to get max money and not do the gadget stuff teams are wanting to pay max money for you to do?......like.....he knows he isn't a GREAT WR right?....the whole thing is that he is a gadget guy

That being said I would love him with the Bears....but I want him in that same role....so if he doesn't want to do it, I don't know

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

But that’s the thing. He doesn’t have basically any leverage at all. Is he really going to Risk getting fined and missing game checks. I don’t think he’s made enough money to really go without playing to this point. 

If I’m SF I’m not trading him unless I get a package I want. Just play it out you’ve still got a year plus at least one year on the franchise tag. Maybe 2. You’d have to overpay me to trade him. 

Bingo.

if I'm John Lynch, let him miss games unless you get an absurd offer with players you want/need.

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

They always have leverage. Teams don't want to hold players hostage and they don't want distractions. Being a malcontent is 100% worthwhile leverage, tbh...especially if you're a guy who will be in demand in terms of trade 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:
9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Bingo.

if I'm John Lynch, let him miss games unless you get an absurd offer with players you want/need.

Desire to show up and work; play for your team IS leverage no matter how much fans down play it. Which is why when many players request a trade, they get it.

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

They always have leverage. Teams don't want to hold players hostage and they don't want distractions. Being a malcontent is 100% worthwhile leverage, tbh...especially if you're a guy who will be in demand in terms of trade 

Damnit, why must you hit enter faster than me. Your post makes mine look like I am copying you. 

Bad Forge, shame shame. 

• Like 1