Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

12 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I've never heard a raven fan say they was fine at wr before. 

We’re absolutely not fine at WR. We have a dangerous deep threat with inconsistent hands and a guy who will probably be good but as of now is a prospect. We’re kidding ourselves if we think we have enough.

Just now, BofaDeez54927 said:

9ers probably hardlined a bit too long for his liking.

Or they revealed with the structure of their extension parameters that they're not planning on tagging him as a WR.

Any contract extension discussions would use what he would have gotten with the tag as a starting point, and if that sticks a $10MM wedge between the WR cap number and RB cap numbers, that kills any progress before it can get started.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yes, not one bit. If I’m a receiver I don’t want a team using me like a RB. A position that takes a beating with getting hit. We already know how the league treats RBs as far as paying them. 

They didn't use him like a RB, they used him like a weapon, playing both positions. Of course his targets are going to take a hit when his carries increase. His scrimmage yards/game dropped by 7 whole yards. Let's not act like his production actually dipped significantly. He was a beast for them the 2nd half of that season at both positions.

So like I said, the only way this makes sense for him to be upset is if SF said that would be his role moving forward - more RB than WR. Which again wouldn't make sense for SF either because they were forced into that with RB injuries in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Please no.

Daniel Bryan Yes GIFs | Tenor

Rodgers is here for a year or two.  GB's defense was more than fine or good with JA sitting out last year.  GB has the picks to acquire a slot corner to combine with Douglas and Stokes.

This is a deal that San Fran should like.

I kindda like it.  Only kindda because I value corner way over a WR.  But we can still get a quality corner in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jaire Alexander to the 49ers for Samuel and a 3rd round pick.

GB clear space since Alexander is on the 5'th year option.  Gives that money to Samuel instead.

GB trades up for McDuffie or finds a way to draft Dax Hill to play slot corner.

JA missed a ton of time for GB last year, and the defense was actually good without him.  Still have Stokes and Douglas on affordable deals.

Just something interesting to ponder.

Please no

Pick 15 and Jalen Reagor for Jaire

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They didn't use him like a RB, they used him like a weapon, playing both positions. Of course his targets are going to take a hit when his carries increase. His scrimmage yards/game dropped by 7 whole yards. Let's not act like his production actually dipped significantly. He was a beast for them the 2nd half of that season at both positions.

He’s still taking more hits regardless.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pick 15 and Jalen Reagor for Jaire

If you mean pick #1 and pick #15 and Reagor for JA, then I'm down with that.

Otherwise I'll give you half a bag of Doritos for Reagor.  But...I'll make sure the bag is your choice, Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I’m getting dizzy from this current Madden franchise. What’s next, Arizona moving to San Antonio or Washington moving to Toronto!?

And then the Steelers draft 3 QBs in the first 4 rounds.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really? Not one bit? They used him at RB because they needed to and it maximized his production.

Now, unless the 49ers went to him this offseason and said they're gonna use him like that moving forward, I absolutely can blame him, especially if he says this isn't about money when it clearly is.

Serious question - do you mean from a fantasy football perspective? He was a top 5 receiver (in 2021) before they turned him into a gadget player after week 8. I thought it added to his value when they were able to use him as a running back for sure but I don't think it's necessarily where he's best at. 

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really? Not one bit? They used him at RB because they needed to and it maximized his production.

Now, unless the 49ers went to him this offseason and said they're gonna use him like that moving forward, I absolutely can blame him, especially if he says this isn't about money when it clearly is.

Read back a page, how exactly did it maximize his production? His targets in the pass game were halved an he went from a dominant receiver to a hybrid player with middling stats as a receiver and as a runner. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If you mean pick #1 and pick #15 and Reagor for JA, then I'm down with that.

Otherwise I'll give you half a bag of Doritos for Reagor.  But...I'll make sure the bag is your choice, Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese.

You forced my hand. We’ll throw in a mid round pick too.

• Like 1