49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If this is in reference to Deebo getting a contract extension soon? Then no, highly doubt he posted this because of that. Frankie G just loves the Niners and always supports the team.

A deal with Deebo will almost surely get done but it's not getting done for a few more months. 

Yep, Gore loves the 49ers, just like Joe Staley does, some 49ers who never stopped loving the team, Willis being there too. Man, those 3 were a great core at the time we had all 3.

And yes, I don't think a deal happens for another month or so.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, 49erscap said:

Yep, Gore loves the 49ers, just like Joe Staley does, some 49ers who never stopped loving the team, Willis being there too. Man, those 3 were a great core at the time we had all 3.

And yes, I don't think a deal happens for another month or so.

I guess the point I was trying to make was that maybe Frank had a chat with Deebo and they got everything sorted out more or less. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I guess the point I was trying to make was that maybe Frank had a chat with Deebo and they got everything sorted out more or less. 

I'd love for that to be what's going on, it seems like Deebo has gotten some sense into him, he's should know that the 49ers, Kyle, John, the fans(true fans) want him back & for the long term, just needs to be patient, I again think this was his agent's doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I'd love for that to be what's going on, it seems like Deebo has gotten some sense into him, he's should know that the 49ers, Kyle, John, the fans(true fans) want him back & for the long term, just needs to be patient, I again think this was his agent's doing.

I really do want Deebo back, but don’t like the way he acted, scrubbing social media, his brother being a mouthpiece for his camp, etc.  But just curious, if someone wanted Deebo traded for a bunch of picks or players, they wouldn’t be “true fans”?  Seems odd. I don’t think someone’s opinion on a player or coach makes them any less of a true fan or not. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I really do want Deebo back, but don’t like the way he acted, scrubbing social media, his brother being a mouthpiece for his camp, etc.  But just curious, if someone wanted Deebo traded for a bunch of picks or players, they wouldn’t be “true fans”?  Seems odd. I don’t think someone’s opinion on a player or coach makes them any less of a true fan or not. 

In a different circumstance i had a hard time liking Steve Young because he took over for Joe Montana lol…….to this day Steve Young was just an ok QB in my mind, i hope this doesn’t make me less of a 49er fan to anyone on this forum.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

In a different circumstance i had a hard time liking Steve Young because he took over for Joe Montana lol…….to this day Steve Young was just an ok QB in my mind, i hope this doesn’t make me less of a 49er fan to anyone on this forum.

Image result for take that back gif

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Lol it's cool, it don't matter.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Ha, I was so anti Steve Young. Couldn’t stand running QBs even back then. Still didn’t admit he was good until Garcia was starting. Then it was remember the good old days of Young.  I gotta also say, call me armsist or whatever, but I’ve never liked left handed QBs. 

That said if Young decided he had unfinished business and was gonna march his 50 year old butt on the field, I’d trade Lance for a bag of peanuts and ride with Steve. 

5 hours ago, straighthate said:

Ha, I was so anti Steve Young. Couldn’t stand running QBs even back then. Still didn’t admit he was good until Garcia was starting

This is interesting perspective

Having a HOF QB as QB1 and not admitting he was good seems crazy to me as a "young" 49er fan who was too young in 94 to truly taste it

Thats wild. The 49ers were the premier franchise in all of American sports for the entirety of Steve's career. I would've killed for that ~6 years ago. You "couldnt stand (Steve)". 

5 hours ago, straighthate said:

That said if Young decided he had unfinished business and was gonna march his 50 year old butt on the field, I’d trade Lance for a bag of peanuts and ride with Steve

Lets be honest with ourselves, Steve shouldnt take another shot to the head for the rest of his life. The man was a fearless SOB who played with reckless abandon in an era where that was truly dangerous. He played his heartout and gave it all he had.

For that reason and because they had horrible helmet tech, Steve didnt age as well as he should have. He battled concussions in a way the doctors wouldnt let you these days. He was a warrior.

Trey Lance turned 22 years old this week. He is a lot bigger than Steve and is going to play in an era where you arent supposed to hit QBs. Hes got legit weapons around him. There is very little wear on his tires because he hasnt played a lot. He has his head on straight and is hyper focused.

Saying you hated Steve until after he was retired, then saying youd trade current day Lance for current day Steve Young, means you realllllly hate Lance for some reason.

A player you straight up hated?? For - a premier QB prospect who is also fukin 22 years old. A kid who for all intents and purposes seems like a straight up nice guy with no skeletons in the closet who just wants to score touchdowns and win ball games.

Small town farmboy from Minnesota whose dad was on the practice squad of the 49ers in the late 90s. Humble but also confident. He doesnt seem super vocal just yet but hes going to find his voice as he gets older. 

I honestly cannot think of a legit football reason to hate Trey as a prospect, at this current juncture. His mindset may be his greatest asset and he's got absurd physical tools. 

Im looking at Trey like my ticket to the big time, I see big a$$ paws on a puppy, you are looking at him like youd rather root for some other team.

Because like it or not, hes QB1. 

Q B 1 

Get on the trey train or get ran the F over

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

This is interesting perspective

Having a HOF QB as QB1 and not admitting he was good seems crazy to me as a "young" 49er fan who was too young in 94 to truly taste it

Thats wild. The 49ers were the premier franchise in all of American sports for the entirety of Steve's career. I would've killed for that ~6 years ago. You "couldnt stand (Steve)". 

Lets be honest with ourselves, Steve shouldnt take another shot to the head for the rest of his life. The man was a fearless SOB who played with reckless abandon in an era where that was truly dangerous. He played his heartout and gave it all he had.

For that reason and because they had horrible helmet tech, Steve didnt age as well as he should have. He battled concussions in a way the doctors wouldnt let you these days. He was a warrior.

Trey Lance turned 22 years old this week. He is a lot bigger than Steve and is going to play in an era where you arent supposed to hit QBs. Hes got legit weapons around him. There is very little wear on his tires because he hasnt played a lot. He has his head on straight and is hyper focused.

Saying you hated Steve until after he was retired, then saying youd trade current day Lance for current day Steve Young, means you realllllly hate Lance for some reason.

A player you straight up hated?? For - a premier QB prospect who is also fukin 22 years old. A kid who for all intents and purposes seems like a straight up nice guy with no skeletons in the closet who just wants to score touchdowns and win ball games.

Small town farmboy from Minnesota whose dad was on the practice squad of the 49ers in the late 90s. Humble but also confident. He doesnt seem super vocal just yet but hes going to find his voice as he gets older. 

I honestly cannot think of a legit football reason to hate Trey as a prospect, at this current juncture. His mindset may be his greatest asset and he's got absurd physical tools. 

Im looking at Trey like my ticket to the big time, I see big a$$ paws on a puppy, you are looking at him like youd rather root for some other team.

Because like it or not, hes QB1. 

Q B 1 

Get on the trey train or get ran the F over

Pretty dumb response to be honest. You’re taking me completely literal about running out a 50 year old QB?  I’ll give the Cliff notes. 

I loved Joe Montana. He was a God. When Young won the battle and Montana was out, my 10 year old *** cried and thought the world ended. So it took me quite a while to warm up to the guy who put my hero in a Chiefs uniform. Certainly wasn’t his whole career, but I compared everything he did to Montana. Pretty common stuff for a kid with Montana posters all over. 

Do I want Young to come back? Really? 

No I don’t want to trade Lance. And I’d expect you to understand the joke there, but I’ll explain. I was longing for the days when we had a HOF QB and we were so used to being good at that position that we could complain because he didn’t measure up to Joe. I’m longing for the days when QB play was just expected in SF, and would “trade” just for the opportunity to have a HOF like Young again. 

I don’t hate Lance at all and I’m not sure exactly what you’re implying. You’re COMPLETELY misreading a nostalgic post about the good old days of being a niner fan as a little kid and turning it into something ugly. 

All around bad post from a typically good poster. Don’t try to create controversy when there’s none to be had. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Pretty dumb response to be honest. You’re taking me completely literal about running out a 50 year old QB?  I’ll give the Cliff notes. 

I loved Joe Montana. He was a God. When Young won the battle and Montana was out, my 10 year old *** cried and thought the world ended. So it took me quite a while to warm up to the guy who put my hero in a Chiefs uniform. Certainly wasn’t his whole career, but I compared everything he did to Montana. Pretty common stuff for a kid with Montana posters all over. 

Do I want Young to come back? Really? 

No I don’t want to trade Lance. And I’d expect you to understand the joke there, but I’ll explain. I was longing for the days when we had a HOF QB and we were so used to being good at that position that we could complain because he didn’t measure up to Joe. I’m longing for the days when QB play was just expected in SF, and would “trade” just for the opportunity to have a HOF like Young again. 

I don’t hate Lance at all and I’m not sure exactly what you’re implying. You’re COMPLETELY misreading a nostalgic post about the good old days of being a niner fan as a little kid and turning it into something ugly. 

All around bad post from a typically good poster. Don’t try to create controversy when there’s none to be had. 

We had a HOF QB? I hate y'all that grew up watching Montana and Young play...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

We had a HOF QB? I hate y'all that grew up watching Montana and Young play...

Montana was the man and rightfully so, i just had a hard accepting anyone other then Joe (i was 15 and stubborn lol) …….I didn’t mean to start a few posts above to happen lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I'm always the one asking if everyone here can refrain from posting grant cohn, but holy hell this was funny 

If Grant didn’t have decent/knowledgeable guests on his YouTube channel, I would pay zero attention to him. He is unbearable and has built his career off of ‘click-bate’ takes. 

he’s the media version of the car warranty spam calls I get

• Like 4

On 5/17/2022 at 7:53 PM, P_locniners said:

If Grant didn’t have decent/knowledgeable guests on his YouTube channel, I would pay zero attention to him. He is unbearable and has built his career off of ‘click-bate’ takes. 

he’s the media version of the car warranty spam calls I get

He really is a mastur-click-bator.

• Like 1