The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

I liked the episode with Kahhoori the best and the final 2 with her and Peggy in 1602 were good too. Resorting to evil Strange again as the villain was lazy tho. I want to see them take more chances.  I liked the Bladerunner setting of Nebula’s ep but she’s so underwhelming of a character that it didn’t work for me.  

This season had some of the worst voice acting I’ve ever experienced too. It was like the actors were given their sides moments before recording.  Kurt Russell was soooooo bad lol.  Lastly, the animation is really weird. Sometimes I like it and other times it looks terrible. Not a fan of the color palette either.  The only episode that really shined with this style was the Kahhoori episode. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, D82 said:

So Echo sucks

Nahhhhhh.  Considering how inauspiciously they seemed to dump it on audiences, I wasn’t expecting much either but I enjoyed it.  It was nice having characters that you could get emotionally invested in and it really hit hard as a parent too.  Kingpin was outstanding and I can’t wait to see his storyline progress.  Great pilot for the perfectly sized miniseries that has fresh, original characters and closed strong. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, D82 said:

So Echo sucks

Eh, I liked it for the most part. Considering the challenges thought they did a fine job with it. Expectations were very low.

I liked getting it all at once, miss that being the thing. As well as the mature rating. 

5 episodes was about right for this, if Marvel can figure out their pacing issues going forward by letting the episode counts be what they need to be it’ll be a step in the right direction.

Bare minimum for people is it moves Kingpin from point A to B.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2024 at 7:49 AM, Kiltman said:

Eh, I liked it for the most part. Considering the challenges thought they did a fine job with it. Expectations were very low.

I liked getting it all at once, miss that being the thing. As well as the mature rating. 

5 episodes was about right for this, if Marvel can figure out their pacing issues going forward by letting the episode counts be what they need to be it’ll be a step in the right direction.

Bare minimum for people is it moves Kingpin from point A to B.

That's about how I feel about it.  Watched it last night after learning my basic Peacock subscription didn't cover the game.  Much better than the snoozefest at Arrowhead and I finished with 5 minutes left in the game.  Win-win.

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed Echo. I thought it was a fun dive into Echo and gave her some interesting powers as well as doing a really good job with the Choctaw mythology. I liked that element of the story a lot. The Kingpin stuff was good and a bit rushed at the end. But in terms of a story that set-up Echo and gave her powers, really solid stuff. And a good start to the Spotlight stuff.

• Like 1

The climax of Echo is so bad. 

Spoiler

She uses newfound magic to help Kingpin's mental health? That's what we are going with?

The Choctaw stuff was cool, there were a few cool action sequences, but the editing was really sloppy and the story was so weird. Not a fan overall. 

• Like 2

The MCU feels pretty stagnant. I enjoyed Loki a lot, but I just looked up what they are planning for 2024 and I'm not interested in a single one of these things. XMen 97 is a cool concept but I just dont see myself watching it

https://www.mcuschedule.com/

Cap, F4, Thunderbolts, and Blade in '25 though 👀

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

The MCU feels pretty stagnant. I enjoyed Loki a lot, but I just looked up what they are planning for 2024 and I'm not interested in a single one of these things. XMen 97 is a cool concept but I just dont see myself watching it

There is no real MCU film this year. The closest is Deadpool 3 and that’s pretty much the end of the Fox-men. Then you have the Agatha Harkness tv show and a few animated. The other movies are Sony. It’s a much needed reset year for the MCU

On 1/23/2024 at 11:45 AM, minutemancl said:

The climax of Echo is so bad. 

Reveal hidden contents

She uses newfound magic to help Kingpin's mental health? That's what we are going with?

The Choctaw stuff was cool, there were a few cool action sequences, but the editing was really sloppy and the story was so weird. Not a fan overall. 

Spoiler

Her mother was a Choctaw healer.  We saw her heal the woodpecker in an earlier episode.  Maya used that exact ability via her ancestors to try to heal Kingpin's trauma.  In Hawkeye, she tried to kill him but this time she chose to help him.  An excellent cap to her arc imo.

11 hours ago, adamq said:

How can you not be interested in Deadpool 3.

Ryan with Hugh will be amazing

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Not a fan of these Deadpool movies at all. Hate their take on the character personally. But I can see why it's so popular. I saw the 1st one but not 2.

I am happy to find out there's a whole new season of What If to check out.. Guess I haven't opened disney+ in awhile! 🤣

Edited by adamq

On 1/25/2024 at 5:40 AM, rob_shadows said:

My most anticipated movie in a long time. If it's the same as the first two with adding Hugh, it'll be amazing. I'm just hoping Disney doesn't tone it down because that might make me give up the MCU altogether. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

My most anticipated movie in a long time. If it's the same as the first two with adding Hugh, it'll be amazing. I'm just hoping Disney doesn't tone it down because that might make me give up the MCU altogether. 

They just released Echo which was pretty bloody. I think they'll do Deadpool justice.

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

They just released Echo which was pretty bloody. I think they'll do Deadpool justice.

Yeah I liked Echo, but Deadpool is in his own lane. As long as they let Reynolds do his thing (which I can't imagine him signing on otherwise with how much he invested into this character), it should be great. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast