Nick Foles to be released

Ty21

I’m not even saying teams should pick him up to be the starter. He’s had lots of injuries and is not a 17 game guy.

The ‘bad Foles’ narrative is ignorant. People say it without thinking because they heard someone else say it.

I’ve clearly given strong and obvious context for most of the struggles on those 3 teams. I’ve showed that guys like Stafford get the same results vs playoff teams even when they have good teams. Stafford gets bonus points for that ring though, right? Odd how a handful of good games defines his career now but for Foles we need to focus on Slappy Fisher, Doug Marrone, and Nagy. Did someone say unemployed?

Many of the same parrots who say  Bad Foles! Bad Foles! will tell you Dalton is good, he just had some bad teams the last 5 years. They will write poetry about the joys of Ryan Fitzpatrick as a QB. They talk about how Baker just had some bad situations 🤡

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I’m not even saying teams should pick him up to be the starter. He’s had lots of injuries and is not a 17 game guy.

Can't imagine anyone is thinking that. He's just a back-up, but like some have said he could be a good guy in a room w/ a young starting QB.

Nick wants to be a Pastor too, so if he wants to hang it up at this point he can get started on making that happen.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SHONUFF said:

You'd think Carolina would kick the tires. I'd love to see him go there for no other reason than it would force the Brownies to release Mayfield. 

I think they have too much going on with Darnold and Corral.

Also Foles would not want to go there for Rhule getting fired in 9 months.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:31 PM, SkippyX said:

I love being told by people who did not watch McNabb play every game just how great he was. 🤡

McNabb was slightly over average & benefitted from a coach/offense that made teams give up multiple picks for AJ Feeley. A post prison Vick looked like a pro bowler in that offense. 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, SkippyX said:

The ‘bad Foles’ narrative is ignorant.

I figure he’s almost a Josh McCown type. Never elite, you can plug him in in an emergency and he can give you like 3 decent games.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I figure he’s almost a Josh McCown type. Never elite, you can plug him in in an emergency and he can give you like 3 decent games.

You nailed the never part except for about 32 games including all of 2013, 2016, and 2017. Thanks for providing an example for what I referenced before.

If 117+ rating season, 7 TD game, incredible NFCCG dominance, and SB MVP over a 500+ yard Brady is not elite then nothing is elite.

Whatever his rating was for those last 2 playoff games in that SB run it could have been 140+ He hits Torrey Smith perfectly deep in blanket coverage then has a sideline strike to a TE on the next play on the first drive in the NFCCG. Smith dropped the ball and the TE epic fails a sideline step out of bounds. The same thing is true in the SB where his interception hit Jefferey in the chest but Gilmore was guilty of uncalled PI.

If PFF ratings or QBR numbers exist for those games they will be incredible.

You can easily watch every throw for those games to see how pathetic your cold take really is.

Foles has as many elite playoff runs as Steve Young and 1 more than Rodgers since his NFCCG in 2010 was crap. He also has 1 more than Peyton Manning.

Take a look at the all time playoff passer rating list. If the elite cutoff is before Foles it’s a really short list. That’s a 6 game sample, not one year.

Never is the favorite word of the ignorant.

TLDNR - Offseason QB fits are not simple Madden rating redrafts.

FYI, this is exactly what happened to Foles in 2016. He got released well after everyone else made their QB plans for the year.

Baker can't find a spot, the rookies had to wait a long time to be drafted, and teams like Houston want to see what they have.

I don't know what's more pathetic when Seattle pretends Drew Lock would have been the top QB drafted this year or when Houston does about Davis Mills.

This was a year where several teams traded for their guy (Cleveland, Denver, DC, Indy) or want to see the young guy (NE, Miami, Philly, SF, NYJ, Houston, Chicago, Jax) or they already have the guy (LA, LA, Tampa, GB, KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Dallas, Arizona, Vegas, Baltimore) or they are stapled to the guy for 1 more year (Minnesota, NYG, Carolina, Tennessee, and Detroit (no idea how much they like Goff going forward))

Then you have teams who are going to tank looking to next year's QB draft in Atlanta and Seattle who both have a vet of questionable pedigree and a young guy with varying levels of potential. (delusions aside)

That leaves Pittsburgh who signed Trubisky before Foles was an option and drafted their guy in round 1 this year

We also have New Orleans with a messed up cap, a new coach, and a QB room of 2 mixed bag vets (I'm being nice to Dalton for once), an overpaid TE/QB hybrid and a 4th round pick from last year.

Your batch of Keenum, Teddy, Trubisky, Tyrod, and so on have already been paid as backups.

GMs are weird about QBs. Minshew had 37 TDs and 11 picks in Jacksonville and the best Jax could get for him was a 6th round pick.

Minshew might be the 22nd best QB in the league but GMs have to deal with investment, and reputation, and politics, and all that crap that goes with QBs. ( insert blather about how Minshew would have been the top QB picked in the 2022 draft ahead of Lock and Mills)

This gets you 17 games of 15 TDs and 20 picks for the Giants because Minshew was not worth a 5th round pick because Jones was Gettleman's guy.

If tanking was the 2021 goal (above the coach/GM clown car) then NY was brilliant to not trade for him. They still don't have a QB though.

Edited by SkippyX

On 5/2/2022 at 9:22 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Can't imagine anyone is thinking that. He's just a back-up, but like some have said he could be a good guy in a room w/ a young starting QB.

Nick wants to be a Pastor too, so if he wants to hang it up at this point he can get started on making that happen.

I'd love for the Raiders to bring him in as our backup. Think he'd be an excellent fit down in Jacksonville with Lawrence and Doug though, they need to make it happen. @Uncle Buck