Nick Foles to be released

Ty21

.....and another club, unhappy with the fully guaranteed Watson contract, throws another roadblock up, impeding the Browns efforts to offload Mayfield's contract.

Angry Madness GIF by EUX Compagnie d'Improvisation

Yeah, I'd argue that Mayfield might be a more attractive candidate to have on your roster, Foles won't cost any draft capital. 

• Like 2

The Texans would work as a backup / mentor / spot starter.

The Jets would also be a good fit.

Both spots would assume that Wilson or Mills do not have a fragile Wentz-like ego.

Indy would be weird since he and the current backup went to the same high school.

Jacksonville would be perfect in the mentor / emergency role with Doug if the owner and the fans can get over themselves about a collarbone injury.

Rodgers has thrown 5 picks in his 2 starts after collarbone injures for example.

In 2013 and 2017 combined Rodgers had 7 picks in 454 throws before collarbone breaks and 5 picks in 74 throws after. Let it go, Duvall.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Teams really stood pat on this situation, I actually think he would have been a good backup mentor for a lot of teams last year.....he wasnt that bad.....it's just that we had Fields fall in our laps and already paid Dalton

We're joking around but foreal, whoever gets him is getting a solid back up.....that's if he still even wants to play.....he mad rich and a super bowl hero........i don't know why he would want to be a backup for the Texans or some s*** haha

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Never in my life seen a guy live off of three games as much as Foles.

Do you mean the 3 games in 2017 where he got the crucial 3rd down play to finish the Rams, the 4 TDs vs the Giants, and the ugly game where he played better than Carr in the December Philly night to clinch homefield? 

The 3 games to take the 2018 6-7 Eagles to the playoffs at 9-7

Do you mean his other 3 playoff games where he walked off the field with the lead after playing a great game, had a 4th down 4th quarter comeback, and hit Alshon in the hands in the red zone at 2 minutes? (If you are speaking about his career and don't know the context of those games then the term is ignorant)

Do you mean his 6-2 in 2014? (They were 4-4 with Sanchez)

Do you mean his 9-2 in 2013 with the 3rd highest passer rating in NFL history? Pretending a 7 TD pass game does not exist is a thing I guess?

Or do you mean when he played like Montana and Flacco to win the Super Bowl?

I think what you mean to say is that no one in NFL history has led to more casual fan ignorance for a 2015 Rams dumpster fire where he faced 8 playoff teams in 11 weeks, a collarbone injury in Jax, and a non-existent running game in Chicago (56 yards per game).

Show me QBs who play well in the same season after collarbone injuries

Show me QBs who thrive at 56 yards rushing per game (besides 10 or so GoaT Brady games)

Show me QBs who play well against 8 playoff teams in 11 games on a terrible team (29/32 offense) that announced they were moving.

Who can't thrive with Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, and Tavon Austin?

These hater talking points against him are asinine. Its like defining Steve Young by Tampa Bay.

You are attempting to define him by 25 games on crap teams while trying to minimize his incredible play over 49 games in Philly and KC.

Hating on Foles has always been and always will be a pathetic cold take. All QBs need the other 10 guys on offense to not suck.

You don't have to like him or respect him. Just try not to wallow in ignorance by pretending he's like the Timmy Smith of QBs.

He's had 3 separate displays in the Hall of Fame but clowns would rather focus on 11 passes in a week 17 preseason game before he won the Super Bowl.

Chip Kelly was 15-4 with Foles and 13-31 without him.

Doug was 10-3 with Foles (counting playoffs) and 36-36-1 without him. (one of the Foles losses was a week 17 preseason game)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

Foles got 1 game last year on a crap team (27/24 offense).

He had a 98.5 rating and a 4th quarter comeback with an 80 yard drive that started with 2:56 to play.

He beat a 104.5 rated Russell Wilson with 15 carries for 135 yards rushing from Rashad Penny.

It was 17-7 Seahawks at the half.

Montgomery had 21 carries for 45 yards and Foles won anyway.

Does that game not count for some reason?

• Like 2