> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

15 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I think conditioning is a big issue with UGAs front across the board because of how often they rotate guys in and out. I believe tOSU game was Carters highest snap count of the year so I'm sure fatigue was an issue.

Once again, not dismissing anything you're saying but there are factors that works in his favor when it come to tOSU game.

I'm a Jalen Carter guy (or was), I truly believe that he has the potential to be one of the best interior players in the NFL for a decade plus. However, the recent issues popping up are concerning. The red flags are certainly more prevalent than you'd like them to be - whoever drafts him will have to decide if it's short term thing or if it's something bigger. I'd still take him at 10 and wouldn't bat an eye but I definitely understand not wanting to and/if Howie decides not to. 

I do wonder if he blames himself for that crash and is drinking to help the pain.

He very well could be going through it right now. Hopefully he gets help.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

We'll probably end up taking Cajiah Kancey knowing Howie.

If Slay is back, I want to trade down at 10 and take an EDGE guy personally.

Swap with the pats, get pick 76 and maybe something day 3 has been my go to trade in the sims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I do think sliding down a bit and taking whoever is still there pass rushing wise makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, getting that 3rd let’s them take someone to help the offense in the top 100

Regardless of our signings I’m hoping we can get a pass rusher (can be an END/3T who does it) and a defensive back with our first two picks. What order they do that in I don’t really have a preference.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, getting that 3rd let’s them take someone to help the offense in the top 100

Regardless of our signings I’m hoping we can get a pass rusher (can be an END/3T who does it) and a defensive back with our first two picks. What order they do that in I don’t really have a preference.

yeah either way you go for that should work out.

• Like 1

People on this board- “we’ll never draft a safety or running back in the first round! Howie would never!”.   

Also people on this board - “here’s my mock draft with a corner in the first round!”.

Meanwhile the Eagles haven’t drafted a CB in the first round in two decades. 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

People on this board- “we’ll never draft a safety or running back in the first round! Howie would never!”.   

Also people on this board - “here’s my mock draft with a corner in the first round!”.

To be fair I do think the Eagles would draft a CB in round 1. They have been linked to CB's over the years and the interest was genuine. The Eagles definitely wanted Horn/Surtain two years ago for example.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

To be fair I do think the Eagles would draft a CB in round 1. They have been linked to CB's over the years and the interest was genuine. The Eagles definitely wanted Horn/Surtain two years ago for example.

They also wanted McCaffery right? They were linked to HaHa whatever year that was. 

I don’t doubt that corner is an option but for everyone to dismiss safety/RB because “HOWIE WOULD NEVER” is silly given the overall track record. 

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

A fair take, though they actually value CB opposed to RB, LB and often safety.

They just try to sign them or trade for them.

Which on the surface I guess I get.