Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2022 (All Up)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Am I the only one who thought Christian Watson was legit?

He may be good, but I thought he was pretty overhyped. I think he's going to need time. Rodgers may mitigate some of that because he's A-a-aron, but I think Watson needs to round out a ton. 

I think that there's a real chance that Doubs has a better rookie year. 

For the most part, I just thought his value was out of whack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Nope. Seems fairly polarizing. I've seen opinions of him being the 2nd most talented WR in the draft just behind Jameson Williams down to the 10th or so. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean he ran a very very limited number of routes at NDSU. I don't think his game was refined enough to give up both the Packers 2nd round picks for him. They are banking on his athletic profile and developing into more in the league, cause he doesn't play to his size or have great ball skills. 

If I was the Packers I would've kept my 2nd round picks and taken Skyy Moore at 53 (pick they gave up to move up for Watson) right ahead of the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He also had Alec Pierce over Skyy Moore, Garrett Wilson, Drake London, Chris Olave, and Treylon Burks.

He moved Pierce back to #7 like 3 days before the draft but I missed the reason why and I was too lazy to rewind it at work to check.

I'm guessing everyone made fun of him too hard lol. And I like Pierce. I kinda like Simms though but I don't think WR has been a strong point for him. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

He may be good, but I thought he was pretty overhyped. I think he's going to need time. Rodgers may mitigate some of that because he's A-a-aron, but I think Watson needs to round out a ton. 

I think that there's a real chance that Doubs has a better rookie year. 

For the most part, I just thought his value was out of whack. 

Yeah. I like Watson in a vacuum, for sure! Do I like him for Green Bay, where he would need to acclimated with my 38 year old quarterback and quickly? I'm not as crazy about that. If I'm thinking of all the receivers who have quickly built a rapport with Rodgers, they haven't come in a Christian Watson-like package. They've been more savvy and polished.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Granted he drafted two arguable GOATs at separate positions(brady/Gronk)

The Gronk story is hilarious, he fell asleep during a predraft visit going over film. Still drafted off injury in the 2nd. Again hes got a good eye for talent, but overall his drafting prowess isnt good

I think he tries to zig or get cute too much. Someone said it feels like BB only drafts because he HAS to. I agree with this

he uses the draft as a left-field gambling pool or something. Goes against convention, takes fliers from small schools - because he can. Matt Rhule can’t, but Bill can.

consequently, us fans get annoyed at missing out on conventional talent available 

there have been some good ones; Chandler Jones, Hightower, Mayo, some of the defense talent from 01-04, Gronk, all the IOL we hit on. But yeah…annoying 

Edited by Hunter2_1

18. Los Angeles Chargers

2022 NFL Draft: Offensive Lineman Zion Johnson, Boston College, Round 1,  Pick 17

This Class In One Sentence:

Telesco rolls out another collection of competency

Pre-Draft Needs

G, OT, WR, EDGE, LB

Selections

Round 1. 17. Zion Johnson  | OG | Boston College

Round 3. 79. JT Woods  | S | Baylor

Round 4. 123. Isaiah Spiller  | RB | Texas A&M

Round 5. 160. Otito Ogbonnia  | DT | UCLA

Round 6. 195. Jamaree Salyer  | OG | Georgia

Round 6. 214. Ja'Sir Taylor  | CB | Wake Forest

Round 7. 236. Deane Leonard  | CB | Ole Miss

Round 7. 260. Zander Horvath  | FB | Purdue

What I liked:

I’m just wondering what it would it be like, in my lifetime, for the Chargers to have a good offensive line. I would bet good money Zion Johnson was the New England pick if he had made it to 21, he ticks all the boxes – smart, agile, technically sound. I like that pick, he’s as ready to play as an offensive line prospect can be. They pumped the ball down the fairway, to use a golf analogy. It might not have rocketed 300 yards, but there it is - in the middle. 

Jamaree Salyer is similarly pro-ready. I was shocked by his slide – unless it has a deal to do with that foot injury. Is it bad? He was great at tackle in the Alabama game. That’s a bargain unless there’s a catastrophe looming.

Ogbonnia is huge, can he help stop the run game? I don’t know, that’s a lot to put on a 5th round pick. The Spiller addition is a good pick-up in the 4th. Is he exciting to watch? Not especially. But he’s coming off an uber productive season and might finally give the team a back they can spell in whilst preventing Austin Ekeler from burn out without that feeling like a step-down.

What I didn’t like:

I think this is a draft which would get a better grade than where I’ve placed it stacked top to bottom. Maybe, I don’t know. In some ways it’s really good, it’s fine – and in others, I’m wondering if it really moved the needle. Did they need to move the needle? There’s a quality guard in the first round and when was the last time the Chargers had one of those? Then there’s nothing until JT Woods in the third. I really don’t know much about Woods, was he a surprise in the 3rd? It felt like a surprise. He might be incredible and I've vastly underrated this class. I knew way more about Nick Cross and Kerby Joseph who were picked about 20 picks later – I liked both of those players quite a bit.

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 1